INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with expression to remove (Featuring... from certain fields  (Read 813 times)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day

I've been trying to clean up my library, and featured artists are listed all kinds of ways.  I think I have found them all, and have '(Featuring xxxxxxxx' at the end of either the Artist or Name fields.

I've copied the xxxxxxxxx value to the Featuring field, and now I want to remove that text from the Artist and Name fields.  It's always the right most part of the field, but the length is variable.

I tried looking at the wiki, but I bet someone can give me an expression that works faster than i can figure out how to do it myself.

thanks if you can help :)
pretend this is something funny

Vincent Kars

Re: Help with expression to remove (Featuring... from certain fields
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 12:43:24 pm »

You might try something like ListItem([Artist],0,Feat)
or wait a little until MrC comes along with a Regex  :)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
Re: Help with expression to remove (Featuring... from certain fields
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 01:01:01 pm »

Thanks.  I think I found a workaround.  If I update properties from filename, I got most of them updated correctly.  I had to rename them so that they were formatted in a way that I could get "[Name] (Featuring" to pull the right info, then rename them so "[Artist] (Featuring" would work, then rename them all back to the way I really wanted in the end, but this sees to have worked.

Not elegant, but functional :)
pretend this is something funny
Pages: [1]   Go Up