INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AV Sync Correction  (Read 3197 times)

alspoll

• World Citizen
AV Sync Correction
« on: June 23, 2012, 05:43:11 pm »

All,

Is there a way to adjust AV Sync Correction using the remote as opposed to using the video menu under options?

When playing a video it would be a lot easier to be able to adjust it real time as opposed to having to stop exit and adjust and see if it helped.

TIA,

AL

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
Re: AV Sync Correction
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 07:08:41 pm »

I was about to post the same thing.  I'm trying to get it perfect, and when it gets close, it's really hard to tell if you need to delay or speed the audio.  Having some way to adjust it in realtime would be WAY easier.  i never could get mine just right.

I got new parts on the way, and if it continues to be an issue, a better way to resolve the sync issue would be most welcome.
pretend this is something funny

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 07:20:47 pm »

Is there a good calibration video to help dial this in?  It'd be neat to build it into the program.

I've also wondered if we should default to like 30ms to account for the typical input lag of an LCD?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 07:28:33 pm »

Is there a good calibration video to help dial this in?  It'd be neat to build it into the program.

I've also wondered if we should default to like 30ms to account for the typical input lag of an LCD?

I would think a big ball bouncing off the walls which makes a sound would be good.  Trying to match lips with sound is tough.  A slider that shows something like this

=====================
Slower           Audio           Faster

With realtime adjustment (even with a slight pause/gap in playback if necessary) but generally smooth playback to keep tuning would be great.

Jong

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 04:46:57 am »

BBC HD broadcasts a good test video for this, if you are in the UK. I don't think they will mind me sharing it: <iframe src="https://skydrive.live.com/embed?cid=B418A24494A4AD85&resid=B418A24494A4AD85%21238&authkey=AKiMMC7QC0dA5Mc" width="98" height="120" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

NB: It is 50fps.

NickF

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 08:01:18 am »

Yes, this is the one I had in mind. It works well with the different video stimuli.  It would be great to have a real-time adjustment whilst this was running.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

Jong

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 08:55:02 am »

Not sure if this is a good idea. Some will have already calibrated using their AVR. Of course a lot will not, but still, I think a default delay will just confuse.

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 09:57:18 am »

I agree. My setup works perfect without changing anything. Please don't add any delay, that then will have to be corrected by those of us that has system running just fine.

TLS

alspoll

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 12:33:10 pm »

I agree. My setup works perfect without changing anything. Please don't add any delay, that then will have to be corrected by those of us that has system running just fine.

TLS

+1 agreed.

I have only experienced the out of sync on certain files. I don't need to set this universally. One file experienced an issue 3/4 of the way through (very strange) Can it be set by file? Can it be changed similar to subtitle delay?

TIA,

AL

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 01:59:20 pm »

I'm not really sure if there should be a per-file correction.  It makes the system more confusing.

A per-file correction would only be needed for a corrupt video.  Or for a video we weren't handling, which should just be reported as a bug.

Thoughts?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 02:57:46 pm »

Makes sense to me.  If only a few are out of sync, that sure seems like encoding issues, to be corrected individually.

For me, the ability to adjust in 'real time' is the thing that will help the most.

I don't have LAV installed, since MC is using it, so I can't adjust the options right now.  However, I seem to remember there being an option for LAV to adjust/compensate/handle sync correction.  We need to make sure that we don't have adjustments in LAV and in MC and at the receiver and the TV :)

alspoll

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 02:59:56 pm »

I'm not really sure if there should be a per-file correction.  It makes the system more confusing.

A per-file correction would only be needed for a corrupt video.  Or for a video we weren't handling, which should just be reported as a bug.

Thoughts?

I agree... makes sense.

For me, the ability to adjust in 'real time' is the thing that will help the most.
Pages: [1]   Go Up