INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC goes "blahhh" every 2 or 3 hours (not an MC program problem) - any ideas?  (Read 1045 times)

jack wallstreet

• Citizen of the Universe

Every couple of hours when I am playing MC17 music (but I think it has done this with all versions in last year or two), I will hear what appears to be an audible click and for about 1 second the MC music will make an obnoxious  "blahhh" noise,  - the music appears to continues playing but it is highly distorted/noisy.  I am using standard mc output to an external 2 channel amp.  I am using sound from the motherboard.  No separate audio card (ASUS P6 motherboard).  I have played the amp with other inputs and it works find - no problem.  I have never noticed this with any other program nor has the system shown any instability or abnormal.  HOwever, i can't guarantee it only happens with MC.   If there is a program coming on causing it, I have not found it.  I thought it might be Norton antivirus, but disabling it has not made a difference.  Has anyone ever seen this or have any suggestions as to what may cause this.  I have just replaced my Raid 1 drives that store the music - no change. I am running a pretty powerful I7 computer.  I have never been able to determine the whether the audible click is coming from the speakers or from the computer.  I am suspicious it is coming from the computer, but I really don't know
John

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Could it be on a track change when the sample rate changes?

jack wallstreet

Thanks, Jim.  I don't think so,  it tends to happen in the middle of a music track and all my music is mp3 cbr stuff.  I do hear what I think is a clicking sound from the computer (not the speakers) a split second before the noise occurs. The click sounds like a disk arm parking. The loud noise in the speakers is not a stutter; it is almost like a nasty warbling hum over the top of music.    I occasionally hear what appears to be a similar sound on this computer when MC is not being used.  The amplifier is on all the time and connected to the computer, but there is no hum sound when the click occurs if MC is not playing; I have never seen any problem when this clicking sound occurs, except apparently when MC is playing (and it only manifests itself as a brief, loud hum).  This is all speculation as to whether the clicking sounds are even the same, but that is my thinking at present.

This probably doesn't help much, but I thought I'd give it a try.  Next step may be to kick the computer and otherwise threaten it with bodily harm.
John

Vincent Kars

The click sounds like a disk arm parking.

Some power saving schema unning?
If so disable it and check if this helps.
Pages: [1]   Go Up