Networks and Remotes > Media Network

Sonos and MC17

<< < (7/7)

DaQi:
Very interesting. I was using MC 18.0.106 for a while and casually noticed that all six of my Sonos boxes were appearing in the playing now but didn't think anything of it. This morning on a whim I thought I would just try play something to one of them and much to my surprise it worked like a charm. VERY COOL I thought as someone else had mentioned I might have just achieve unity on my library and may be able to have my ratings, last played, etc. actually mean something as they are reading from one library. I was a bit busy so didn't investigate any further.

This evening I was playing around with MC and YouTube and discovered a problem playing YouTube videos on MC 18.0.106 so I went and changed my update settings and updated to 8.0.149 which is the most current (not necessarily stable) release. Fixed the YouTube problem like a charm. After watching a video in theater view on YouTube I thought I would come back to the Sonos thing again. They have disappeared from my playing now both on JRemote and in the Playing now section on the main screen.

So...

My questions are as follows:

1) What changed between these two versions that "broke" the Sonos from working?
2) Can I get it back?
3) Did I somehow accidentally change some setting that turns it on or off?
4) Is Sonos support official or as a by-product of DLNA stuff going on somewhere in my network? It would be great if it was official and even better if the library and particularly the play statistics were unified. 

Thanks!

bob:

--- Quote from: DaQi on March 19, 2013, 12:06:50 am ---Very interesting. I was using MC 18.0.106 for a while and casually noticed that all six of my Sonos boxes were appearing in the playing now but didn't think anything of it. This morning on a whim I thought I would just try play something to one of them and much to my surprise it worked like a charm. VERY COOL I thought as someone else had mentioned I might have just achieve unity on my library and may be able to have my ratings, last played, etc. actually mean something as they are reading from one library. I was a bit busy so didn't investigate any further.

This evening I was playing around with MC and YouTube and discovered a problem playing YouTube videos on MC 18.0.106 so I went and changed my update settings and updated to 8.0.149 which is the most current (not necessarily stable) release. Fixed the YouTube problem like a charm. After watching a video in theater view on YouTube I thought I would come back to the Sonos thing again. They have disappeared from my playing now both on JRemote and in the Playing now section on the main screen.

So...

My questions are as follows:

1) What changed between these two versions that "broke" the Sonos from working?
2) Can I get it back?
3) Did I somehow accidentally change some setting that turns it on or off?
4) Is Sonos support official or as a by-product of DLNA stuff going on somewhere in my network? It would be great if it was official and even better if the library and particularly the play statistics were unified. 

Thanks!

--- End quote ---
Make sure you have all three DLNA functions enabled in the Media Network advanced options section.
Do other renderers show up (do you have any others?)
There are are a lot of variables so it's a bit tough to know what happened. I'd suggest the current build if you haven't already tried it since there are some changes in the DLNA discovery code from the build you mentioned.
For further debugging you could install the "uPNP tools for developer" to see if the sonos devices show up without MC or other software running.

ddapriori:
This happened to me with MC17 today!The Sonos boxes appeared and then I did something else and couldn't find the boxes again.  Can I stream to these boxes direct from MC17?  It would be a great help as MC 17is such a versatile good player.

JimH:
We've had reports that Sonos now supports DLNA. 

If they are Renderers, they will appear under Playing now.  Drag and drop audio files to them.

You might try MC18.  It may work better.

Gl3nn:
Works very reliably for me with v18.  Not so with my 1 box running v17.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version