INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Having stability and DLNA problems  (Read 1499 times)

doctorjazz

• Recent member
Having stability and DLNA problems
« on: July 09, 2012, 09:15:12 pm »

The site is imposing-have a question. I've been using the trial of Media Center on a new PC, used Jukebox on my old one. Two problems have come up that never happened with the old set up. First, the program seems to regularly freeze up and crash. Second, I have a WiFi network, with an iMac, my PC, and a Seagate GoFlex Home DLNA hooked to my router (to confuse things a bit, I have a Squeezebox connected to my main stereo). Previously, the PC saw the Seagate, the Seagate had backups of all (many) FLAC's on my iMac, and I could access all the music from the PC or the Squeezebox. Now, Media Center doesn't "see" the Seagate (the drives show, but no files are in them), and my access is much more limited. My trial ends soon, and I am interested in purchasing the software, but if I access less than I did previously, I might try other software to see if it's a compatibility issue. Any help/guidance would be appreciated, thanks, Jack

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Having stability and DLNA problems
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 06:51:52 am »

For the crash, we need more information.  Are you running the latest MC?  It's 17.0.180.

For the Squeezebox, try Whitebear.
Pages: [1]   Go Up