INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting Image for Albums  (Read 832 times)

nila

Getting Image for Albums
« on: April 30, 2002, 02:02:42 am »

Hi,
LOVELY feature and I truely love it.
It just automatically saves the image to the Media Jukebox directory however.
Most of my albums are in their own directory and I'd really like the option to choose where to put the image once it finds it, preferably even an option to put it in the same directory as the mp3's presuming all the ones selected are in the same directory.

DocLotus

RE:Getting Image for Albums
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2002, 10:14:48 am »

I agree.  Have had the same problem with cover art.  Don't like where it is currently placed.  Would perfer art be placed in the same folder as the current album being ripped.

lee269

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2002, 10:28:14 am »

I agree also. I posted the same request a few days ago.

Note that RhinoBanga's Album View plugin now has an option to pick up cover art from other locations (which has allowed me to move my art data and therefore include artwork in my 'data' backups), but ideally art location would be configurable in MJ itself.

lee269

DocLotus

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2002, 12:34:18 pm »

Two more annoyance's with Cover Art...

1: After ripping a CD, a box comes up letting me decide if I want cover art & where to get it.  I always want cover art & always want it from the Internet as I don't currently have it. After all, I am ripping the CD for the first time & have no art for it.  So, why does it always ask me?  There should be switches to always get cover art & to always get it from the Internet.

2: When getting cover art, there is a grey box where the cover art is supposed to show up.  But the only time art shows in the grey box is when there is two or more art selections to choose from.  If there is only one (or none) nothing shows up & no message advising me of such.  As a result I don't know if art was downloaded or not until I play the selection & look at the visualization window.  If no art was downloaded then I will widen the search but this can be time consuming.  If I know immediatly that there was no cover art or it was the wrong one, I can re-search before leaving the ripping cover art window.

nila

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2002, 02:38:49 pm »

One final annoyance about cover art.
All my albums are in their own directories like I said and when it's importing songs into the library, it'd be nice if it offered to automatically allocate any image files found in a directory that contains only one album as the images for those songs.
I mean if it finds a dir with all the songs having the same album name and also finds an image in that dir then it's pretty obvious the image belongs to that album.

Also - if it finds more than one image it'd be nice if it just checked to see if any of them contained the word 'front' in the filename and if they did then use that one, if they didn't then prompt for which to use.
Pages: [1]   Go Up