INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shady Bimmer: Submit track info fails on one track  (Read 1179 times)

Shady Bimmer

• World Citizen
  • (too busy listening)
Shady Bimmer: Submit track info fails on one track
« on: June 23, 2012, 04:20:17 pm »

MC17 seems to hang when I try to submit data for one particular track to the online database:  Steve Miller Band, Greatest Hits 1974-1978, Track 10 (Threshold).  This was with multiple different rips both with MC and with EAC from the CD.  The track plays fine and converts to/from APE fine.  The rest of the tracks all were submitted without any problems.

MC displays the small box 'Analyzing track 1 of 1' (or 10 of 14, etc) and then does nothing.  Clicking 'cancel' does not do anything, and trying to exit via File -> Exit indicates it must stop the task first.  Then the only option is to use windows for force it to stop.

I had this with both .172 and .173 builds and I haven't tried with previous builds.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Shady Bimmer: Submit track info fails on one track
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 10:19:28 am »

MC17 seems to hang when I try to submit data for one particular track to the online database:  Steve Miller Band, Greatest Hits 1974-1978, Track 10 (Threshold).  This was with multiple different rips both with MC and with EAC from the CD.  The track plays fine and converts to/from APE fine.  The rest of the tracks all were submitted without any problems.

MC displays the small box 'Analyzing track 1 of 1' (or 10 of 14, etc) and then does nothing.  Clicking 'cancel' does not do anything, and trying to exit via File -> Exit indicates it must stop the task first.  Then the only option is to use windows for force it to stop.

I had this with both .172 and .173 builds and I haven't tried with previous builds.

Could you provide a copy of the file to me?  I'm matt at jriver.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Shady Bimmer: Submit track info fails on one track
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 10:30:12 am »

From a private message:
From my post about an apparent problem with submitting a single particular track to the online database, you requested I send you the track via email.  Do want this in any particular format?  It is roughly a 5MB .ape.  Or do you have another method to provide this to you?

Please email me the track.  I'm matt at jriver dot com.

Thanks.

Shady Bimmer

• World Citizen
  • (too busy listening)
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 11:19:32 am »

on its way

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 11:30:03 am »

Thanks.

Unfortunately I'm able to 'Submit Track Info To Online Database' without issue on that track.

It also plays fine.

I only picked that one track and did a right-click to submit.  Is there something more I should test?

Shady Bimmer

• World Citizen
  • (too busy listening)
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 11:44:41 am »

Very strangely it is working for me now as well.  Other tracks were submitting fine (only this one had a problem), but since this one appears OK now I'll chalk it up to a fluke.  Thanks for looking into it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up