INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Restoring settings on a new build isn't quite working  (Read 988 times)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
Restoring settings on a new build isn't quite working
« on: June 26, 2012, 03:29:43 pm »

When I do this, the Auto Import settings gets the drive letters changed to what I assume is a "default" location, something about C:/user/HTPC/ something.  I didn't pay much attention to the specifics; it was wrong for me.

Anyway, this just screws up my correct settings on a new machine.  I want it to keep the drive letters verbatim, they are all mapped the same on all my machines, so your efforts to help me are causing consternation instead :)

If I can't get it to work verbatim, is there a registry setting or something else I can copy from a working machine onto the new machine, so I don't have to setup about 15 folders manually again?
pretend this is something funny

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
Re: Restoring settings on a new build isn't quite working
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 06:15:49 pm »

If you want to look for a registry key they are all in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 17
What you could do as a quick test is export the JRiver entry on the new build for a backup and do the same on the other
machine copy it to the new machine and merge it.
Maybe even open both .reg files in a text editor that has a compare function so you can see any differences if present.
Sean

pcstockton

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 07:52:42 pm »

Cant you simply change the auto-import folders in auto-import?  Then close and reopen MC?
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 08:03:07 pm »

Cant you simply change the auto-import folders in auto-import?  Then close and reopen MC?

yeah, but it's about a dozen folders, plus any import rules.  Why not just keep the settings as they are.  MC changing them to try to be helpful is what is causing the problems.  if I have to just re-setup the folders all again, at least clear them so I don't have to delete the wrong ones, and add new ones.

this way, i get all the work and none of the benefit.
pretend this is something funny
Pages: [1]   Go Up