INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Switching Analog STB to ASTC only shows static.  (Read 1813 times)

Pscytzo

• Recent member
Switching Analog STB to ASTC only shows static.
« on: May 27, 2012, 03:49:25 am »

Switching channels from Analog STB to ASTC OTA only shows static since version 17.0.129. Cant find anything here to help me. been using the same tuner in MC since version 13. Never had this problem before. I'm an audio junkie, so I'm helpless with the TV stuff :-)

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Switching Analog STB to ASTC only shows static.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 08:40:24 am »

Are you able to play ATSC directly (i.e. playing it as the first channel to play, instead of switching from an STB channel)?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Pscytzo

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 12:07:06 am »

Sorry for the long wait for a reply. But to answer your question, YES. The ASTC and STB both start from a "Blank" zone, but if I try switching either way after playback has started, "It don't Work" lol. the STB --> ASTC gives me analog static and ASTC --> STB gives and "unspecified error" message and kicks me back to the closest (In the channel list) ASTC Station. Not necessarily back to the original station.
 I've tried playing around with MadVR and Different filters and other settings in the Video Options, but I don't recall version 17.0.129 having MadVR, Which is the last working version with regards to the dual tuner I have. After 17.0.14?, it gave me the tuner problems. I've Just been using 17.0.12, as that seems stable enough, but I don't want to get "left behind" in the MC evolution.

BTW, my STB is hooked up to my svideo input on the analog tuner.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 09:15:12 pm »

What device do you have?  Is it a dual mode device where you either use its digital tuner or use analog tuner, but not simultaneously?

Pscytzo

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 09:29:19 pm »

Hauppauge HVR-1600 Dual-Tuner.

I can watch astc and analog at the same time, but I never do.
I DON'T record one while watching the other either, although I can, if that answers your question.

EDIT: I believe the driver is labeled, "Hauppauge Win-TV HVR-1600 astc/nstc combo"

Pscytzo

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 09:58:48 pm »

I have even, since the PC I having trouble with is mainly just a media PC, I formated my C: HDD (I have only windows and installed program files on C:) and just installed my drivers and JRiver and still no go on the TV. My tuner driver is somewhat old. I didn't think they updated it anytime recent as it's an old model. Could that be an Issue? I don't want to uninstall my older "working" version of JRiver just to try it, if you know that wouldn't be an issue here.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 08:58:41 am »

Thanks for the info.  I think I mistakenly included this device in the list of those that is either analog or digital, but not both simultaneously.  I will remove it from the list.  Please try again when the next build that includes this change is out.

Pscytzo

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 10:22:09 am »

Thanks a ton!

Pscytzo

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 04:15:03 am »

Yes! Works now!

While I have you on the line... how can I change the speed at which the IR Blaster sends it signals to my STB. I got it working cause I have an OOO,OLD Library that keeps a longer setting, but with new libraries it's default speed is WAY too fast. I tried the anti repeat time (as Admin) and the change did nothing. Is it a Reg key?
Pages: [1]   Go Up