INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stop at end of movie  (Read 3840 times)

dean70

• Citizen of the Universe
Stop at end of movie
« on: June 26, 2012, 12:14:36 am »

When watching video, MC proceeds to play the next movie in the library insted of stopping at the end of the current one. Can this continuos play be turned off? I have repeat set to off in the Player menu (which works for audio).

NickF

Re: Stop at end of movie
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 01:45:47 am »

Are you using Standard View or Theater View?  If standard, have you sent your movies to the Playing Now list?  If so, right click on the current zone and select "Clear Playing Now". 

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 05:37:48 am »

Is there no option as in standard view "Stop After Each Item"? In standard view it's one of the repeat options.

Another way: press [Strg]+[Shift]+[S ]. MC will stop playing after the current item.

I made a shortcut for that using Resource.xml (can be found in [JRiver install folder]\Data\Custom Resources), so I only have to press one button. If you want to have this, just add following line and replace F1 with a key you want to use for the command.

<Entry Key="F1" Command="10036" Param="1" TranslateFlags="1" Global="0" />

Jong

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 06:56:45 am »

Is this really what happens as standard in Theater view? I must admit I normally press stop half way through the credits, but still it is odd if true. IMO for images and audio default behaviour should be to play next item in view, but for video play should stop after playing an item. If someone wants to play several TV shows back to back,for example, they should make a playlist. It must be VERY rare that anyone actually wants movies played one after another!

NickF

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 07:03:32 am »

Is this really what happens as standard in Theater view? I must admit I normally press stop half way through the credits, but still it is odd if true. IMO for images and audio default behaviour should be to play next item in view, but for video play should stop after playing an item. If someone wants to play several TV shows back to back,for example, they should make a playlist. It must be VERY rare that anyone actually wants movies played one after another!
This isn't standard in Theater View for Movies.  With TV Shows, you have the option to "Watch" which plays one or "Watch All" which plays all items in the current list.

We haven't yet found out whether dean70 is watching in standard or theater.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

Jong

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 07:20:32 am »

OK, cool. That sounds perfect!

dean70

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 07:25:02 am »

Playing from Theater view. Select movie from wall (enter) which takes you to the info screen, then select Play (Ctrl+P) from remote. Reaches end of movie and commences the next one in the wall. Pressing stop at this point will show the next wall item with a > overlay.

NickF

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 10:36:27 am »

If you hit select on the movie you want to play, it will take you to the next screen with info about the movie.  "Watch" will be highlighted so if you hit select again, the movie will play.  At the end, it will take you back to your movies page but won't play the next one.

Nick.

Jong

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 10:38:32 am »

Are you saying pressing the play button does something different?!

NickF

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 10:41:17 am »

I think play must behave like "Watch All".  We need someone from JRiver to confirm this.  It isn't what you would expect.

Nick.

Jong

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 10:42:48 am »

Yes, I agree. "Play" should act like "Watch". "Watch all" should be the one that needs to be manually selected.

NickF

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 10:47:01 am »

I have checked the descriptions in the MCC Core Commands and the Keyboard shortcuts descriptions and neither give any suggestion that it should behave like this.  It may be a bug.

Nick.

lockdown571

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Re: Stop at end of movie
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 12:10:50 pm »

I'm having a similar issue. If I'm listening to music and then stop it and then watch a TV show, as soon as the episode ends the music starts playing where it left off. At first I thought I had fixed it by reprogramming my remote IR commands, but the problem came back. For some reason my music is a bit louder than my TV shows, so it's really quite annoying!

NickF

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2012, 12:56:01 pm »

I'm having a similar issue. If I'm listening to music and then stop it and then watch a TV show, as soon as the episode ends the music starts playing where it left off. At first I thought I had fixed it by reprogramming my remote IR commands, but the problem came back. For some reason my music is a bit louder than my TV shows, so it's really quite annoying!

Are you sure you are using STOP to stop the music.  It sounds more like PAUSE.  Try it with your keyboard and use CTRL S to stop the music.

Nick.

lockdown571

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 05:26:48 pm »

Are you sure you are using STOP to stop the music.  It sounds more like PAUSE.  Try it with your keyboard and use CTRL S to stop the music.

Nick.

This wasn't it. I've expanding upon the issue in my original post here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=72936.0.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2012, 05:31:54 pm »

I think play must behave like "Watch All".  We need someone from JRiver to confirm this.  It isn't what you would expect.

Play may follow the behavior of Options > General > Behavior > Double-click.

I don't know, but I can test it.

Nope.  It appears to follow nothing and it always does Play All.

I think it should follow the same rule as Watch vs Watch All.  In other words, if Double-Enter on an item does "Watch" (because that was last-used), then Select-Control-P should do the same.  Likewise, if Watch All was last used, then Control-P (and equivalents) should do Watch All.  That's the simplest and most logical, I think.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 06:55:37 pm »

I think play must behave like "Watch All".  We need someone from JRiver to confirm this.  It isn't what you would expect.

Nick.
Yes, I agree. "Play" should act like "Watch". "Watch all" should be the one that needs to be manually selected.

What option are you using?
tools-->options-->general-->behavior-->Play button (Play Playing Now or Play visible files)
Sean

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2012, 06:58:34 pm »

Play may follow the behavior of Options > General > Behavior > Double-click.

I don't know, but I can test it.

Nope.  It appears to follow nothing and it always does Play All.

I think it should follow the same rule as Watch vs Watch All.  In other words, if Double-Enter on an item does "Watch" (because that was last-used), then Select-Control-P should do the same.  Likewise, if Watch All was last used, then Control-P (and equivalents) should do Watch All.  That's the simplest and most logical, I think.

Looks like we had the same idea only slightly different. I haven't tested my theory yet though.
Sean

Jong

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2012, 09:53:54 am »

Not sure I quite agree, I agree the same logic should be used for both the menus and the keyboard shortcut, but personally I think "watch all" is likely, for most, to be an occasional one off activity. So if someone uses it I would not make it the default for subsequent playback. But I can see that is a bigger change and others may feel differently!

NickF

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2012, 10:17:24 am »

I agree with Jong.  It is quite different behaviour for a sequence of 30 minute TV Series Episodes where you may want to watch several in succession where Watch All may be the choice.  This is not likely to be the choice for Movies.

Nick.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2012, 01:12:09 pm »

I agree with Jong.  It is quite different behaviour for a sequence of 30 minute TV Series Episodes where you may want to watch several in succession where Watch All may be the choice.  This is not likely to be the choice for Movies.

Watch All is not currently available at all for Media Sub Type=Movie.  Which is mildly annoying when I do want to continuously play movies, but I figured that battle is lost.

I was speaking generally, for all media types.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

greg.smalter

• World Citizen
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2012, 08:31:22 pm »

I have definitely experienced movies playing one after another instead of stopping after the first movie. It's very possible that I pressed Play on the movie instead of Select and then Watch. It is not what one would expect and I'd prefer it to stop after the movie is done.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2012, 07:41:37 pm »

I must be the only one who thinks this IS the way it should be... If you press play at the beginning of a list of movies (which is essentially what you're doing if you got to Movies and press play over the first one) then I would expect all of them to play.

If I drill down into a specific item and press "Watch" then I only want that one...  

Take the Youtube menu for instance...

I often use the Most Popular list as background music / something for the 2 year old to watch.

If I press play on the first video, it plays through all of them, one after the other. If I drill down into a specific video, and select watch, I just get that one played, then back to the menu.

dean70

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2012, 06:36:23 pm »

When I was looking through the Options screens, there is a setting under General: Play function - currently playing or play all visible. I havent tried changing this setting yet, but this may be the solution.
Pages: [1]   Go Up