INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 17 and cue files  (Read 1825 times)

paulx

• Recent member
JRiver Media Center 17 and cue files
« on: February 10, 2012, 01:29:06 pm »

I am using cue files  with video (Avi) that are created usign third party programs. I can easily drag and drop the cue file to media center and it shows the listing and name of all the tracks. But when i go to edit ( say i correct the track name, etc)  these cue files in other program  and then drag and drop them back to MC the cue files dont show the updates or changes. I tried to delete the existing video and corresponding cue file and then drag and drop the new cue file but still i am stuck with old ones.

When i take the same cue file and play it in KM or VLC  player, they reflect the changes made to the cue files. Anyone can answer that for me .  Also is there a away to automatically update these cue files so that if i make changes to them they get updated or i will have to manually update it every time.

thanks
Paul

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
Re: JRiver Media Center 17 and cue files
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 08:59:39 pm »

I've just noticed that I cannot get cue files to update the "tracks" they display in MC.  I "updated library, from tags" on some, and they inherited the tags from the actual full flac file, including the "name" of that file and it's duration.

Now, I cannot get the "tracks" that the cue file creates to show the individual track name and duration information.  I can manually update the names and tracks, but I cannot 'fix' the duration.

Is there a way to force the cue "tracks" to read from the actual cue file again?  The name and split points are there and valid, they just aren't being read.

I've deleted the cue and the full flac from the library, but a new import keeps this same wrong information.

I hope there is an easy fix
pretend this is something funny

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
Re: JRiver Media Center 17 and cue files
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 09:53:23 pm »

I'd like to request that MC keep cue files with their representative tracks when doing rename, move, copy tasks.  As it is now, if I rename them, the flac file gets moved and renamed, and the cue file can no longer launch the flac.

I know that the flac name is stored inside the cue file, so I'm not sure you can/should even really allow the actual full flac file to be renamed, since this breaks it with the cue file.

It would be enough for me if you either warned me about this, or just didn't rename the file.  Ideally, you'd move it to any corresponding folder I had selected, but along with any related support files, like is done with video; and nothing gets renamed, just moved to the new folder.

Unless you can rewrite the cue file, or perhaps, write a new one.  MC has cue support, maybe it needs to kick in on a rename/move process?  That might work perfectly actually.

If MC see's that files based on a cue file is being moved and/or renamed, it just writes a new cue file with the new name in the new location.  As long as it's reliable, you can delete the old one for me too :)
pretend this is something funny
Pages: [1]   Go Up