INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: syncing playback between 2 PCs?  (Read 1237 times)

andrewt

• World Citizen
syncing playback between 2 PCs?
« on: June 25, 2012, 10:07:58 pm »

Forgive me if this has been covered before (I'm sure it has), but I've searched the forum and read through the wiki and can't seem to find anything.

How can I sync playback between 2 separate computers using MC so that one controls the playback of the other? I'm setting up for a party and I'd like to have the same music in 2 different places.

I've already set up the library server so that I can play my server's library through the client, just not sure how to do this last step.

andrewt

• World Citizen
Re: syncing playback between 2 PCs?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 09:31:41 am »

Anyone know how to do this? Both computers are running MC 16.0.181.

struct

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Re: syncing playback between 2 PCs?
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 05:01:58 pm »

i am away from pc so this may not be perfect..... go to the tree view on the left.  at the top is playing now with a list of other devices and hopefully your other pc.  right click on it and you can link the zone to the current.  timing adjustments are also possible

andrewt

• World Citizen
Re: syncing playback between 2 PCs?
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 10:29:20 pm »

Thanks, that was pretty easy  :-[

Now MC is crashing intermittently when I try to play files on either computer. I'm trying to figure out why and reproduce it. I think it may have something to do with my network, because after it crashes on both PCs and I restart it, it plays a fragment of what I told it to play earlier...
Pages: [1]   Go Up