INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug?: Photos missing "name" in smartlists in TheaterView  (Read 1165 times)

Jong

• Citizen of the Universe
Bug?: Photos missing "name" in smartlists in TheaterView
« on: July 13, 2012, 01:31:25 pm »

The title says it all really! If I look at even pre-defined smartlists, like "Top Hits" or "Recently Played" in TheaterView all photos have a blank file caption, even if set to just [Name]. Video and audio all have the [Name] tag correctly displayed. The name appears correctly in standard view.  ?

rick.ca

Re: Bug?: Photos missing "name" in smartlists in TheaterView
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 04:43:49 pm »

Be careful with the terminology. If you're referring to 'file captions' in Theatre View, they're all defined by one expression in Options > Theatre View > Advanced. I don't know what the default is or what you may have changed it to, but that's where you'll see why captions are what they are.

Jong

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 04:48:00 pm »

Be careful with the terminology. If you're referring to 'file captions' in Theatre View, they're all defined by one expression in Options > Theatre View > Advanced. I don't know what the default is or what you may have changed it to, but that's where you'll see why captions are what they are.
Yes, I think I am right in my terminology here. In fact I have changed the default, but, as I tried to say in my opening post, even if I change it to just [Name], names appear for video and audio, but not images. This despite the fact that the [Name] tag is clearly populated when I look at the same Smartlist in standard view.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 07:52:30 pm »

By design, no captions are shown for images in Theater View.

Someday this might be customizable, but for now it is not.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rick.ca

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 08:52:11 pm »

Yes, I think I am right in my terminology here...

Oops. Sorry, I forgot this was the case. I don't mind them not being there for the thumbnail list style, but their absence make the details list style—which I would prefer in many situations—rather useless. I find the thumbnails somewhat redundant given the other ways of viewing individual images, and appreciate the option of showing a list of data that might be useful in identifying specific images for viewing.

Jong

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 01:27:04 am »

By design, no captions are shown for images in Theater View.
Thanks Matt. At least that explains it!

Yeah Rick, it sounds like a little more intelligence, so we could have them on for detail list views and off for thumbs, would be useful. I DO use thumb views and I'd hate to have them cluttered by captions, but it's odd to have no caption displayed in a simple list.
Pages: [1]   Go Up