INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help! Blue screen of death with Teac UD-H01 and MC  (Read 3996 times)

jlentchner

• Recent member
Help! Blue screen of death with Teac UD-H01 and MC
« on: June 30, 2012, 06:43:57 pm »

I recently purchased the Teac US-H01, and have been blown away by the sound. But after some amount of time, between 5 minutes and 1 hour, it stops working and about half the time it crashes my computer as well.  This ONLY seems to happen when I use it with Media Center.  I am using MC 15, but I tried MC 17 and the same thing happened. I have it connected via USB, and am streaming FLAC files.  I will be listening to music for a while, when suddenly I hear the sound the computer makes when a USB device is unplugged, and the device dissapears.  When I use ASIO, ASIO also gives an error message saying "Device Outside Logic" and the TEAC icon inside ASIO changes color.  About 1 in 5 times, my computer also crashes into the dreaded BSOD.  Thinking it was a Windows 8 problem, I tried it on my laptop with Windows XP. This is where it gets even stranger - at first it was fine, and I left it playing overnight and in the morning all was well.  But when I tried again a few days later that computer crashed into blue screen as well.  I also returned the unit to the retailer and got a new one thinking there was something wrong with it, but the new one acts exactly the same.

I have googled around and no one else seems to be having this problem.  Does anyone have any ideas?  It is making my Teac unusable!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Help! Blue screen of death with Teac UD-H01 and MC
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 10:56:30 pm »

A blue screen is usually a hardware problem.  Update the driver if possible.

jlentchner

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 08:15:36 am »

It is a pretty new product, Teac only has one driver and I have installed it.  The strange thing is that it only seems to be when using MC.  I ran it with Windows Media Player and it was fine.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 09:08:20 am »

Is the driver an ASIO driver?

Try another USB port.  If you're using a hub try plugging directly into the computer.

Listener

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 01:10:06 pm »

It is a pretty new product, Teac only has one driver and I have installed it.  The strange thing is that it only seems to be when using MC.  I ran it with Windows Media Player and it was fine.

Try turning off sleep and hibernate in the control panel's power options applet.

Are you using ASIO output in MC?  Try using DirectSound in MC.  (WMP is probably using DirectSound for output.)

Crashes like this are almost always driver related. 

Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up