INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bluray DTS HD audio/AVR  (Read 1887 times)

CraigNZ

• World Citizen
Bluray DTS HD audio/AVR
« on: July 24, 2012, 01:13:56 pm »

I have my PC connected via HDMI to an AVR, using Intel HD 3000 graphics/core i7, windows 7/64 bit.  When I play a bluray movie with DTS HD I get an error from MC, but TMT plays it fine, the AVR showing DTS HD input.  I have tried various settings in the audio and video setup screens but either I get a playback error when I try to start the movie, or I get Dolby digital or PCM outputs.  I copied the dts dll file from TMT to LAV and rebooted system, but that didn't work either.

Is there a way to get MC to output to the AVR the DTS HD audio?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Bluray DTS HD audio/AVR
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 01:23:05 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  Try using Red October Standard for video.  Try hardware support off.  Try bitstreaming on.

CraigNZ

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 06:44:20 pm »

Hi Jim,

Thanks .. I tried the suggested settings but no luck.  Here is what I have so far:

Audio:
  Output Mode: Direct Sound
    Device: AVR device
    Channels: Default Channels

DSP/Output format: All off

Video:
  RO Standard
  H/W accel off
  Bitstreaming: HDMI

I still get a Playback error, audio not compatible message.  With TMT5, the AVR reports DTS HD Master, 5.1, 48kHz.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 08:11:43 pm »

Change audio output to 'WASAPI - Event Style'.

CraigNZ

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 08:43:37 pm »

Yep .. that was it.  I changed Audio Output to WASAPI, set device to my AVR device which was in the list of audio devices, turned off all DSP output formats, Selected Red October HQ video, H/W acceleration enabled, bitstreaming to HDMI and I now get the Bluray DTS modes showing on the AVR input.

I will next try WASAPI event, which will probably work.  I am assuming here that the 'sound card' device is the Intel HD 3000 graphics function on the Z68 chipset.  The motherboard also includes an HD quality audio controller, which is also listed in the soundcard device list.  But I think the Intel HDMI chipset shows the soundcard based on the device at the other end of the HDMI port.

Thanks all for helping .. the key was switching to WASAPI .. very much appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up