INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theatre View - suggestions (long post)  (Read 1175 times)

spiggytopes

• World Citizen
Theatre View - suggestions (long post)
« on: July 25, 2012, 03:04:36 am »

Hi All,

I'm fairly new here, and I like the "vibe" and would like to offer some suggestions for Theatre View. Excuse me if this has been asked before.

I'm using WMC, Win 7 64 with Media Browser for video and MC 17 for music, so some will see immediately where my ideas come from.

Here we go:

In Theatre View:

* Provide a search facility. This is needed simply to find a track or artist and also to select one version of a song amongst several on the system.
* Allow that track to be added to what is now playing
* Then, allow "Now Playing" to be converted to a play list and saved.

At home and in front of my TV, relaxed, I like to find a track suiting the mood, play it, then ask the family for more, and we build up (or used to, in WMC) "soft" and "Brasil" and "Rock" play lists for the future. I enjoy doing this, and cannot achieve it "cold" in front of a pc.

I find I can't do this properly when in MC 17 itself, outside Theatre View, from a remote PC, the inspiration just isn't there.

Alternatively, could I create the play list in WMC and get MC 17 to read it? I really prefer not to do this, if possible.

Cheers.

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Theatre View - suggestions (long post)
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 04:16:05 am »

It's all there already. ;)

• I'm not sure where it is in the stock configuration (Gadgets?), but the Search tool can be added to any menu.
  • To add a selected track to Playing Now, select More Play Options > Add. Thereafter, 'Add' will appear on the menu.
  • When done adding tracks, go to Playing Now > List and select Save as Playlist.

spiggytopes

• World Citizen
Re: Theatre View - suggestions (long post)
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 04:25:39 am »

Wow, I can't wait to try it.

In Theatre View it works?

I had no idea of the power of this software. (well, a small idea, maybe!).

Cheers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up