INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ crashes Monkey encoded APE files  (Read 1039 times)

Roger Essig

• Recent member
MJ crashes Monkey encoded APE files
« on: April 29, 2002, 04:39:55 pm »

Could someone please help ??

Have downloaded MJ 7.2.280 a couple of weeks ago. I have been battling with it for quite some time, refusing to give up mostly because MJ looks like just what I have always wanted.  The problem is probably just with APE functionality, which is of prime importance to me.  MP3, just played with a little, does not appear to have any problems.

I installed both the input plugin and the Encoder plugin and have been trying to encode and play APE files encoded with MJ without success.  I ripped a number of tracks with EAC and worked on the WAV files which play fine in MJ.

First I converted all of the WAV files with MJ which appeared to work fine.  But later I found that when playing, most of the files displayed problems:  Most crashed MJ with a "Divide error in IN_APE.DLL at
0137Next Page03239bcc) or thereabouts"  while some crashed MJ with an "invalid page fault in MFC42.DLL".  Others seemed to play part of the track and then either terminates, or, one track just kept looping back to the beginning after about 10 seconds of play.

I read some messages relating to MJ/Monkey problems and suggestions but unfortunately have not got enough understanding to figure it all out.  Which DLL is supposed to be where? Tried downloading both the input and encoding plugins several times without change.  One message said to download MAC 3.96 from http://www.monkeysaudio.com.  Tried that but it does not appear to do anything to MJ one way or the other.  I do not understand how to or what is meant by "manually install the Winamp plugin included with MAC 3.96 in MJ”??  Have tried to use Monkey to encode the WAV files to APE - this works fine, but MJ does not play these files – crashes windows when attempting to do so - blue screen.

Monkey installs a MACDll.Dll in the Windows\System directory and it does not appear to affect MJ at all.

MJ has installed IN_APE.DLL and ENC_APE.DLL in its plugin directory and  MJ Plug in manager reports the input plugin to be v3.92b2 and the encoder plugin to be 1.0.6

Running Windows 95 on 233Mhz pentium.

Please help - I would love to use MJ but need to encode and play APE files with reliability without always having to test each one to find out if it is ok.

Thank you

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
RE:MJ crashes Monkey encoded APE files
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2002, 05:01:44 pm »

Upgrade to Media Jukebox 8.  It's pretty stable now, lots better than 7, and has the latest and greatest APE support built-in.

Hope that's an alright solution.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Roger Essig

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2002, 03:33:08 pm »

Thanks Matt I will give it a try.  Would you think that my problems as described may be quite valid or is there more likely something that I have been doing wrong with 7.2.280.  If there
is something I may be doing or related to my system I may run into problems with 8.  Will however go ahead in the meantime

Thanks

Glen

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2002, 03:53:16 pm »

Roger, try this and see what you get. I was having the same troubles but found a solution and it might help you.
Go to the monkeys audio web site and download the latest version of their software (I believe it is 3.96).
Install this on your system and then use the verify function to test your APE files. I found that I had a number
that were defective after ripping and encoding from within MJ. Hope this helps.

Roger Essig

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2002, 12:52:07 pm »

Thanks all for your help and suggestions.  I had downloaded MJ 8 beta to try it out.  All of my .Ape files still had the same problems crashing in exactly the same way. Then I got the Monkey encoder for MJ 8 beta and re-encoded all of my .Wav files with it.  Now all of my .Ape files play without any problems.  So far ---
Pages: [1]   Go Up