INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scroll bars missing  (Read 9218 times)

Captor

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Scroll bars missing
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2012, 12:37:30 pm »

Windows font setting here is small (=default). In MC still size 12.
JRiver for music

Captor

« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2012, 12:47:42 pm »

And now, the windows setting is still small (default) but the MC setting is this time 8. And as you can see if you compare the the 2 last prisntscreens, one with MC font size 12 (Pic3) and the other with MC font size 8 (pic4), that I can not see more of the window anyway. I can still not see the whole window!
JRiver for music

<°)))))><

• Junior Woodchuck
  • looking fishy
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2012, 01:18:41 pm »

Mmh, how about using a mouse to make the window smaller (the window remembers the old size, which is in fact not ideal...) ?

Captor

« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2012, 02:31:59 pm »

Hm... strange, I can not make the window smaller with the mouse. The double sided arrow appears when
hovering over the window line, but I can not make it smaller. But I can make the window wider and then back again to the original wideness. Same with the height I guess but that I can not try out because I am on max.size already because of the limitation of the screen edge.
JRiver for music

NickF

« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2012, 02:40:56 pm »

Another try, this is with the font setting in windows to medium. In MC size 12.
So, Captor, it seems that this setting is the largest you can use and still get the whole of this window on your screen.  The big question is, can you read this from your sofa?

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

Captor

« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2012, 03:49:40 pm »

No I can not. But that is not my main concern! I can live with the sofa problem. The main concern is that I can not read everything in some MC windows at all. There has been a lot of talk here about home theater and standard view and, and, and....
But I still can not see everything in some windows.... I have never seen the whole DSP studio window for example... are there for example an "OK" and "cancel" button in the bottom of that window...? You understand what I mean? How can i explain.. Its like having a 5 feet scale but only being able to use 4 feet of that scale...
Is this the whole window? Or almost the whole at least? I can not see it all as you can see on my printscreens.
JRiver for music

NickF

« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2012, 04:09:57 pm »

The option of yours I chose above shows the whole window.  There is no "OK" or "Cancel" for this window.  You are seeing everything.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

Captor

« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2012, 04:25:49 pm »

OK, so I am on 98-98% already then for this window, DSP.
So I hope you understand why I am nagging about this scroll bar issue  :-[
JRiver for music

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2012, 04:45:19 pm »

Nick, you deserve a Nobel Prize.  Thank you.

Thanks also to <°)))))><  for the assists.

NickF

« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2012, 04:45:32 pm »

So I hope you understand why I am nagging about this scroll bar issue  :-[
Yes, I do.  I can see no reason for these few exceptions.  Hopefully they can be fixed.

Thanks, Jim.  Any chance of resolving the scroll bar problem.

Nick.

MrHaugen

« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2012, 08:00:22 pm »

So, what was the conclusion? There was some missing behavior in some windows or what?
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

rick.ca

« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2012, 03:17:05 am »

There was some missing behavior in some windows or what?

Yes. Not with the fixed-sized window the OP had a problem with—where the issue was use of an unsupported font size—but with windows that expand in height—like the Search editor. It's not something many would run into, but if enough rules are added, the bottom of the window will extend off-screen, making it unusable. I can't think of other examples, but this one is pervasive enough (i.e., Search Wizard, Smartlists, Rules for file display...) to make it a significant issue. Also, if it were just an inconvenience, it's rare enough to be tolerable. But when I ran into it the last time, there was no workaround for what I was trying to do. I had to abandon the project—for wont of scroll bars I expect to appear automatically.

vagskal

« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2012, 03:25:38 am »

The Import/Export smartlist box could also need scroll bars.

MrHaugen

« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2012, 10:09:45 am »

I see... Sounds like something that should be fixed, even though it's quite rare.

If scroll bars was added, it would only appear if it was needed, right?
I just hope 5% of the width is not occupied by the bars as default :)
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Captor

« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2012, 10:36:22 am »

Right, only if it needed would be best. That would help a lot. And also it make MC even more 1:st class.
JRiver for music

<°)))))><

• Junior Woodchuck
  • looking fishy
« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2012, 12:13:43 pm »

@Captor
Were you able to get the old ("pre big font") window size back?
If not, have you tried to use the keyboard to make the window smaller?
Something like ALT+Spacebar, then Shift+S, then Arrow Up/Down?

By the way... With regard to smaller notebooks and upcomming Windows 8 tablets with 1366x768 or
1280x800 resolution, I think some of MC's settings and other dialog windows would also benefit from
a rework, as most screens today use a 16:9 or 19:10 format. The current dialogs are more "4:3/5:4"...

Captor

« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2012, 05:14:37 pm »

Yes, I was able to get that back, thanks. I will anyway try to make the windows smaller due to your suggestion. Thank you very much.

Yes, that´s true too about the size of new, modern, screens. They are very small or very big...different resolutions...maybe in smartphones...Who know were it ends. Talking about smartphones, I am very happy about Gizmo. Works absolutely flawless. Maybe next step will be to listen to the music on the smartphone with Gizmo when not at home by the 3 or 4g net.
JRiver for music
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up