INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error in J River after closing Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre5 (Windows Aero)  (Read 1699 times)

stewart_pk

• Citizen of the Universe

Error drawing using Direct3D
(device lost)

I get this error in J River (17.0.60) after closing Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre5 which has been launched as an external application from J River. Problem only occrs when Windows Aero is running. Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre5 disables Windows Aero and there does not appear to be a mechanism to stop it from doing so. If I choose a non Windows Aero theme in Windows 7 (Windows 7 Basic for example) then there is no issue at all, everything is fine but I would like to run a Windows Aero based theme if possible.

I think any application that disables Windows Aero while J River is running is probably going to cause J River to crash with the above error message.

Thanks.

stewart_pk

Re: Error in J River after closing Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre5 (Windows Aero)
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 06:24:35 pm »

Seem to be getting this error sometimes now even when a non Windows Aero theme is used.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 06:28:40 pm »

Try updating DirectX from Microsoft.

Updating video drivers is also worth a try.  What is your video hardware?

stewart_pk

Re: Error in J River after closing Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre 5 (Windows Aero)
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 09:33:47 pm »

Processor: i3 2100T
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6450 with the latest Catalyst 11.12 drivers dated 2011/12/15.

I'll see if I can JUST re-install the latest version of Direct X. Also I'm about to try the latest beta patch for TotalMedia Theatre 5 from Arcsoft which is suppose to fix a few things.

Thanks for your reply.

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 09:39:19 pm »

Is it an error you are getting or is that shown for a moment in Theater View before disappearing. If so that is "normal". Two applications cannot do certain things at the same time in Direct 3D and MC will show that when the other application is launched, then possibly for a bit while the other closes...

At least that is what I have witnessed with certain applications in the past.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 04:23:34 am »

Error drawing using Direct3D
(device lost)

I get this error in J River (17.0.60) Thanks.

I just got this error yesterday - and I'm not running TMT.  I was listening to an album on my laptop and trying out the different 3D Covert Art choices when the error came up. The screen when black except for the message but the album kept on playing. After I closed Display View the system went back to normal.

stewart_pk

I'm seeing this error pop up occasionally now even when JRiver is the only application running.

stewart_pk

Reinstalled DirectX and I'm still getting this error.
I even got it once after re-starting my computer and then launching J River without doing anything else.
I've only seem this error in Theater view.

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen

I face same problem. It's not consistent but happens regularly.  have to use an external bd solution for full menu support. So I use TMT5 for the moment as external player. In theaterview everything works perfectly. the latest TMT5 version removed the load page in the TMTMCEplayer which is nice.

When closing or browsing back from TMT, MC17 regularly freezes and I can no longuer do anything (keyboard/remote). Eventually in using the mouse I can close theaterview and restart MC17. In several cases while trying to move the cursor around in "frozen" theater view I receive the message : error drawing using direct 3D (device lost).

Is there a workaround to keep that from happening. I run latest win7-64bit, directx version. The GPU is an AMD 6570 with latest catalyst drivers (12.6) ? Or did you observe this is not happening with NV or intel cards. If so I could switch....
Pages: [1]   Go Up