INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: External Sound Blaster 24bit stopped responding  (Read 1085 times)

Yummycarp

• Recent member
External Sound Blaster 24bit stopped responding
« on: July 03, 2012, 02:42:44 pm »

A few days ago my Sound Blaster Live 24bit external audo box stopped responding to JRiver. It responds to Tests from the Windows Control Panel so I feel that JRiver is no longer controlling it properly. I don't recall doing anything to the settings and have tinkered with them to no avail. It shows up in the list with the other sounds devices. I select Left Front + Right Front for my Master Bedroom zone, Direct Sound, no DSP filtering, and that's how it has always worked. Just stopped about 3 days ago. My kitchen zone is setup to use Left Rear + Right Rear and it also is no longer working. I have other zones that use different sound cards and everything else is still working. I test with headphones plugged directly into the soundblaster.

It seems to me jriver is no longer communicating with the device since tests from the Windows 7 control panel output test sounds successfully.

What is the best way to troubleshoot this problem. I reinstalled the creative drivers which were initially there. Windows is not setup to update itself. Did JRiver update itself and break something a few days ago? Current version is 17.0.165

Thanks for any suggestions.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: External Sound Blaster 24bit stopped responding
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 02:47:40 pm »

What has changed?  Any new software?

Yummycarp

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 06:47:34 pm »

No new software.

Theater PC only.

Is it possible MEdia Center updated itself automatically.

Looking for ways to troubleshoot this via Media Center.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 07:02:26 pm »

Try turning off all DSP.

Something about how you're addressing zones may be incorrect.

Yummycarp

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 01:41:07 pm »

It was working and just stopped working so setup was fine and I am familiar with the way it was setup.

No DSP was ever being used.

Seems to me MC is not communicating with sound blaster so I need a troubleshooting list. Same setup works for other sound cards and soundblaster tests work via windows control panel.

Does MC update itself?
Pages: [1]   Go Up