INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Backup path is not saved  (Read 1627 times)

andrewberg

• Galactic Citizen
Library Backup path is not saved
« on: November 28, 2012, 06:01:08 pm »

Hi, I'm unable to change my library backups location (for MC17.0.189 under Windows Vista 32bit)!!

I would like to have all library backups stored under "C:\Users\[user]\App Data\Roaming\JR etc" which actually contains a folder for this purpose! But whenever I enter/choose the desired new path under Options > File locations > Library Backup, the path is always reset to "C:\Users\[user]\My Documents", instead of saving the new location when the dialogue is closed & opened again.

(Sorry having to create a new topic, but I found only 1 older post on this issue, where I was commended to start a new one rather than reply to the old... ;-)

Any ideas how to get this to work as desired? Thank you in advance!

Andreas B. (Germany)
"To be is to do" (Socrates) - "To do is to be" (Sartre) - "Do be do be do" (Sinatra)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Library Backup path is not saved
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 06:04:57 pm »

You can use any path except the one you're trying to use.  This is because the old path (that you're trying to use) gets auto-updated to the new path in documents.

So you must move or rename the folder, then use it.

I'd recommend putting it on a different drive than your OS if possible.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

andrewberg

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 06:26:13 pm »

Many thanks (for what was likely the quickest response I ever saw on any forum post ;-)!

Still, why does that "Library Backups" folder under "...\App Data\Roaming\JR etc" get redirected - if that's what you mean by "auto-updated" - to my "Documents" folder at all? What's the use of a folder if it can't store anything?

Thanks again!
Regards, A.
"To be is to do" (Socrates) - "To do is to be" (Sartre) - "Do be do be do" (Sinatra)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 07:39:27 pm »

It's like this:

String s = LoadLibraryBackupPathFromOptions();
if (s == [Old Path in App Data])
   s = [New Default Path in Documents];

So you can use any path except [Old Path in App Data].
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

andrewberg

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 08:05:42 pm »

Well, not quite what I had asked, anyway good to know that any other location is possible!

To me however, that 'Old Path' isn't any older than your current MC version, thus should be usable as any other of MC's sub directories - and if you upgrade, MC will import your librarie(s) to the 'New' folder in App Data, or no?

If this was a saftey precaution, MC would store libraries elsewhere (other than App Data) by default, would it not?
Pages: [1]   Go Up