INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Updating library  (Read 949 times)

jimmy neutron

• World Citizen
Updating library
« on: July 04, 2012, 01:46:25 pm »

I find that when I manually add tracks (as oppossed to the automatic setting), and when at times I go into my library and make small changes to CD's, I will end up with sometimes a double entry in MC. For instance. Let's say I rip the CD Band On The Run. It shows up in the library correctly tagged and just fine. Now let's say at some point later on I buy the Japanese pressing of this CD and rip it to my fibrary as well. I will manually tag it as "Band On The Run - Japan Pressing". If I don't do this then obviously MC will just tag it as a standard "Band On The Run" and then I develop the double entries of having 2 seperate albums in one folder. So this is why I manually tag it and add the "....Japan Pressing" in the ALBUM field, so that MC can keep both albums seperate. Here is where my problem comes in. I now have to retag my original "Band On The Run" to "Band On The Run - American Pressing". This way I will have an organized folder containing 2 different pressings for Band On The Run. I know....call me OCCD. But I have to have my files in order. So, the problem now arrises when I make this tag change and add the additional wording to the album name. MC will remember the old album as well as the new one and give me the dreaded double album entry, and will show 2 of each track - 1 for the old album, and 1 for the updated album. My question is if there is an easy "1-touch" solution to update your library? Even if I let MC do a rescan of my entire drive and import again it will still "remember" the old album and show it, and I have to manually delete each entry from each CD. Is there a way to quickly have MC just rescan and remove any dead links or know that I made a tag change?

Jimmy
Custom PC based music systems and information panels....really.
www.jdsmarthome.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up