INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Network - relative paths- Folder play  (Read 1747 times)

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
Media Network - relative paths- Folder play
« on: January 09, 2012, 05:09:44 pm »

Reverting to J RIVER MC after several years. I'm impressed and love the almost unlimited possibilities offered by this software. For the time being I'm operating with MyMovies which is also a very good tool the create new by using barcodes is just excellent. Eventhough I have tweaked Windos Media Center to have a more "as-I-like" look and feel the JRiver Theater View is by far the best thing I have seen so far. Also I agree that the player by himself on the audio part is mostly unrivaled (maybe foobar) and on the video part is also perfect.
OK sorry for the long introduction. To my questions for which I have found several hints in the forum/wicki re version 13 or 14 but no clear statement regarding version 16 or 17 :

I understand that it is possible to run a J River central library on a server (I use either 2008R2 or home server 2011) and to link the HTPC MC library to the "main" one on the server. Having tried that out I was unsuccessful in :
1. running DVD folders if the path entered is \\server\path\file. If I launch it on the MC of the server (the main library) then it works. If I launch it from the "client" MC then either it doesn't work if the path points to the VIDEO_ts folder or if the path point to the VIDEO_ts.ifo file in the video folder then it plays but I have no menus. (on the main server it works). For the theater view and customization I would prefer running J River from now on but this point keeps me from doing it.

2. If there's no workaround can JRiver by used (even if this is a pitty) with PowerDVD or TMT5 which obviously play relative paths and/or folder structures ? I was also not successful in finding out the command line I should append in J.river to use either of these dvd players (but as said I would prefer stick to J River player).

3. Last question : for the audio I have a LINN Akurate player which worked perfectly as DLNA client with version JR v. 16. Trying out v.17 is no longer working (Kinsky isn't displaying anything) ?

Thank you for any comments ....    

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Network - relative paths- Folder play
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 04:51:24 am »

Solved...

michu

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 04:18:37 pm »

Solved...
Hello,
How did you solved it?
My Kinsky still displays just empty boxes...
Regards,
Michu

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 05:27:07 pm »

Sorry for the late answer. when I say solved I meant switched. I stopped using kinsky for Linn and found the superb application elyric....works like a charm with MC17 (server) and LINN AKKURATE...
Pages: [1]   Go Up