INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pixellation/Slow-mo on some Blus  (Read 936 times)

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen
Pixellation/Slow-mo on some Blus
« on: July 06, 2012, 05:49:45 am »

Hi,

Basically, you know the opening scene in The Dark Knight where it pans/closes in on the building where 2 of the bank robbers zip line over to the roof of the bank, the first 5 seconds is fine, then I get severe pixellation on the outer parts of the screen for about 3 seconds, then this clears and it subtly goes slow-mo until they shoot out the window, then it's fine.

This happens exactly the same all the time I start from the beginning. No A/V software installed on HTPC. Source Code Blu seems fine, will check others tonight.

NAS -> Gb switch -> HTPC. MC 17.0.177, Windows 7 (x86) SP1, ATI 5450 card with latest drivers. Tried both ROSTD and ROHD, LPCM and bitsreaming, WASAPI audio.

Oh, use AnyDVD HD for ripping.

Jong

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Pixellation/Slow-mo on some Blus
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 06:18:20 am »

Those issues are often due to DRM measures. Did you rip some time ago? Did you rip to .iso with protection intact (so AnyDVD always uses its latest algorithms for decryption) or did you rip to folder and/or with protection removed, in which case your rip might not be good. In this case I'd suggest trying a re-rip with latest AnyDVD HD.

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 09:32:20 am »

I rip to folders (bdmv for blu and video_ts for dvd).

Surely if it was a duff rip the whole film would be affected, not just the first 60 seconds or so? Plus, before I discovered J River I used Windows Media Center with TMT and didn't notice thsi issue (same rip).

Jong

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 09:52:25 am »

Yeah, I know what you mean, but it's equally odd that any decoder/player would have a problem with just that bit. I would certainly try re-ripping and see.

FWIW, that is why i still rip bluray to protected ISO. That way the disc is always played with the latest AnyDVD.
Pages: [1]   Go Up