INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where does cddb stick it???  (Read 683 times)

Glen

Where does cddb stick it???
« on: April 29, 2002, 12:34:25 pm »

Once a disc is identified with cddb, where does the info get stored on my system, or does it?
If I later put the same disc in the drive will it have to go back on-line or does the info
come from a local cache??
Thanks.

Chico

RE:Where does cddb stick it???
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2002, 12:58:47 pm »

You must be in the same library you were in when you originally got the CDDB info.  If you change libraries after getting the disk info, MJ will go to CDDB and load the info into the current library.  It does get to be a bit of a hassle if you forget to change to the library you want before getting disk info.  Would be nice to have a central default location for all CD info.

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2002, 05:27:46 pm »

What is the advantage to using more than one library? Given Media Jukebox's nearly unlimited potential to organize, collate and recollate to your heart's content all of your music, it doesn't make sense to me.

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

Scronch

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2002, 09:38:19 pm »

C - I set up a separate library for my 8-year old daughter's parties.  Sure, I can sort Kidz Bop out of my playlists, but I don't even want that stuff in my library.  I'm sure there are a lot of other good reasons for using separate libraries.  Scronch

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2002, 05:29:32 am »

C8,
At home, I have an ape library and an mp3/music01 library.  The latter is for playing across the Internet.  I can play the mp3's from work.  The ape files are too big for the pipe.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up