INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo stuck in "preparing" on Sprint Galaxcy s2  (Read 2722 times)

mahosley

Gizmo stuck in "preparing" on Sprint Galaxcy s2
« on: June 28, 2012, 02:23:29 am »

I recently installed Gizmo on my Samsung Galaxcy s2 on Sprints network. It will load up my home library but will not play music remotely over 3g or 4g, only when on wifi.  I also installed Gizmo on my wifes Verizon incredible 2 and it works just fine.

I went a step further and tried installing it on my brothers Samsung Galaxy S and it doesn't work there either. 

I have up to date versions of Gizmo and MC.  Are other people having trouble with Samsung products or is it the Sprint network?  I live in the middle of San Francisco and have never had issues with Sprints speeds.

Any advise would be appreciated.

struct

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Re: Gizmo stuck in "preparing" on Sprint Galaxcy s2
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 03:00:58 am »

i have galaxy s2 and it works.  i am in oz so can't comment on sprint. from memory some of the us networks have quite special firmware so maybe it is the network.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
Re: Gizmo stuck in "preparing" on Sprint Galaxcy s2
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 03:10:21 am »

I can't comment on Sprint but my Galaxy S based phone (Stratosphere) works perfectly on Verizon 3 & 4g. Sounds like a bandwidth issue to me since it is fine on WiFi.
Whether it is due to Sprint down speed or your ISP up speed is hard to say without details.
www.speedtest.net
Sean

mahosley

Re: Gizmo stuck in "preparing" on Sprint Galaxcy s2
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 04:45:48 pm »

I have run speed tests on my phone at my house and I am getting between 8Mps and 12.5 Mps of download speed.  This is plenty to stream music but I am still unable to stream to my Sprint Galaxy s2.

I have reloaded the app on the phone several times but it still won't stream to my phone.  Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing?
Pages: [1]   Go Up