INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Failed to Convert" error msg  (Read 963 times)

peterschindler

• Recent member
"Failed to Convert" error msg
« on: July 09, 2012, 07:25:17 am »

I tried to convert a part of my library of FLAC files to MP3s.  I used the Tools/Library Tools/Convert Format function, with the Encoder being the built-in

After it finished, an information box pops up and says:

"Successfully converted 1124 files.
Failed to convert 10 files.
Please ensure that your files exist, and are of a supported audio format."

Unfortunately, I can't see any further information to find out which 10 files it failed to convert.  I would have expected a file with the information, because without it, how can I find out which have caused trouble.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.
Peter

peterschindler

• Recent member
Re: "Failed to Convert" error msg
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 03:26:13 am »

Does nobody have an answer to this?

Does the Convert format function produce an error log of files it can't manage to convert?

Thank you.
Peter

struct

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Re: "Failed to Convert" error msg
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 04:05:11 am »

i am not so good at these things myself, but you should be able to do a smartlist of duplicates based on filename and then a smartlist of all songs excluding those in the duplicates list.

i can't remember if the converted stacked files are hidden from your artists so you may like to start a new library that explicitly scans the original and converted directories.

peterschindler

• Recent member
Re: "Failed to Convert" error msg
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 07:46:33 pm »

Thanks, struct, for responding. 

The issue isn't duplicates, I'm pretty confident.  The issue appears to be that during the conversion process, MC fails to convert some files for an unknown reason.  Unfortunately, it does not tell me which files it difficulty with and what the problem was: unreadable file, file name too long, difficulty writing the file, just no clue. 

For example, when I use dbpoweramp convert to do the same job, it lists all the file *it* has difficulty with. So you might ask, why not use db poweramp for the job?  Good question, and I have reasons, and am happy to explain, but isn't really pertinent to this problem.

Anyone else can help?

Thanks!
Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up