INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver steals remote control commands from focused app  (Read 2618 times)

Jong

• Citizen of the Universe
JRiver steals remote control commands from focused app
« on: July 10, 2012, 01:11:39 pm »

Most of the time this is not an issue, maybe even an advantage. But if ever I want to launch an external program I need to understand this.

I use iMon Manager, which alters the keystrokes sent depending on the foreground app. Although I know a lot of people have a downer on iMon it has always worked well for me. However, for some reason JRiver seems to fool iMon into thinking it is ALWAYS in the foreground. Even the arrow keys, instead of going to the foreground app, bring JRiver back to the foreground and the commands go there instead.

This is the only app I have come across that behaves this way. It clearly is doing something pretty unusual. Does anyone know what or how, and is it configurable on/off?!

Thanks.

Micromecca

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRiver steals remote control commands from focused app
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 02:21:23 pm »

Try changing Settings > General > Advanced > Media Key Mode
I have mine set to 'App Commands' to overcome a similar issue.

rgds
Marty

Jong

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 02:37:06 pm »

I'll try that later thanks. I figured there would be a way!

Jong

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 04:48:18 pm »

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to work. JRiver stubbornly grabs all keystrokes from iMon as long as it is running. This is true even if only the server is running - no UI!

Is there another advanced setting somewhere? Does anyone know what is unusual about how JRiver runs that could make iMon think it is always in the foreground? I appreciate you may not know how iMon works but I guess someone will know if JRiver is doing something unusual.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 06:04:10 pm »

If you're running Media Server, it will respond to the remote.  That's part of what it does.

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 08:09:22 pm »

Jong, did you try checking/unchecking exclusive mode setting in the application launcher of the iMon utilities ? ...just a thought.

Jong

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 04:18:26 am »

Eddy, you are a genius! I have never used application launcher, ever. Didn't know this "exclusive mode" setting existed. The manual that comes with the latest version of iMon Manager does not even have this in it. But I must have added MC to the app launcher without thinking when I installed it, so it was iMon that was forcing keystrokes to it in an attempt to "help"!  Sorry Jim for wasting your time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up