INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FEATURE REQ: Keyboard Shortcut Code for Rating Selected Track/File  (Read 807 times)

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen

I see Resource.xml codes for keyboard shortcuts to rate the currently playing track.  I would like to be able to define custom shortcuts for rating the currently selected track(s)/file(s) without it having to be "Playing Now".  Can an enum code for added to a future build/version for that?

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: FEATURE REQ: Keyboard Shortcut Code for Rating Selected Track/File
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 07:01:58 pm »

I'm not sure how long you would have to wait for something like that. In the meantime, there is a workaround...

Create a 'Rating' Zone with an Output Mode of 'Null Output'.
Using something like AutoHotKey, write a simple script that for a given rating 'n':

• Changes to the 'Rating' Zone (mcc 10011, {zone index})
  • Plays the selected file (mcc 10001)
  • Assigns the rating (mcc 10023, n)
  • Returns to original zone (mcc 10011, {zone index})

Maybe there's a better way, but if step 2 were replaced with the necessary keystrokes to select Add (Play now) from the context menu (there is no mcc), Playing Now for the 'Rating' Zone would provide a list of the tracks rated during the current session. 8)

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
Re: FEATURE REQ: Keyboard Shortcut Code for Rating Selected Track/File
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 08:43:34 pm »

Thanks for the workaround.  I'll give it a try, though it seems a bit messier of a solution than should be necessary.  I hope the JRiver powers that be will consider putting this on the roadmap.  It seems like the plumbing for this feature should already be in place and possibly it just needs exposed to the interface.
Pages: [1]   Go Up