INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom Library Fields  (Read 1214 times)

kensn

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Custom Library Fields
« on: September 16, 2012, 04:18:30 pm »

Is there a way, in a User Library Field based on Expression, to have a newline (carriage return) to show in theater view?

Example Expression: [Album] "code for newline" [Channels]
to show

Gaucho

Thanks, Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

rick.ca

Re: Custom Library Fields
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 06:05:53 pm »

[Album]; [Channels]&DataType=[List]

In other words, separate lines using '; ' and make it a List. You can do this in an Expression Field or directly in the Info Panel configuration. The only reason to do the former is if the same expression is going to be used in a number of different places.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 07:31:16 pm »

Thanks Rick.. But I can not get the results I was after..

I wanted in theater View a library view that would be Artist (Grouping of 1), Artist, My Album

My Album is a library field I created using Calculated data - Expression [Album]IfElse(math(IsEqual([My Channels],6,0)),HD 5.1, Compare([Bitrate],>,320),HD)

This works but all info is on one line under the Album thumbnail, I wanted to separate the info.

I tried your example but no joy....

If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 12:50:58 am »

I don't think you can add newlines to the caption text.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

rick.ca

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 04:20:47 am »

I don't think you can add newlines to the caption text.

I don't think so either. While I don't use the thumbnails style much, it seems clear the caption will only accept one line (more will be ignored) and then that will wrap to two lines. That, of course, provides limited room for a caption, which is one of the reasons I avoid that style. Using a list style, there's plenty of room to append useful information like this to the Album category.

If I really preferred the thumbnail style, I suppose I would do something like add a single-character symbol to indicate the audio type, and limit the length of [Album] so the whole thing would always appear. Or place the audio type symbol or tag first, and just let [Album] be truncated if it must. The Category can still be sorted in any desired order.

Another approach is to simply include [Channels] as another Category. That could be done instead of, or in addition to, adding it to the caption.

Pages: [1]   Go Up