INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: External program opens behind MC Theater View?  (Read 1827 times)

JoeBlow42069

• Recent member
External program opens behind MC Theater View?
« on: July 16, 2012, 05:04:45 pm »

I have added Hyperspin as an external program to Theater View, but it opens behind JRiver and I can't see it. How can I keep Hyperspin on top of MC? So I can enter and exit Hyperspin from JRiver seamlessly?

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: External program opens behind MC Theater View?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 12:14:03 am »

Check 'Hide Media Center while program is running'.

JoeBlow42069

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 02:52:27 am »

I have tried that option, but the transition from MC to Hyperspin isnt very clean. I can see the programs opening and closing+ my desktop flashes in the middle of it. I did have MC in the background with Hyperspin on top working before, but I'm not sure why it was launching that way. Now for whatever reason the programs have decided to reverse, with MC on top and Hyperspin in the background. How can I keep MC launched in the background w/ HS on top?

rick.ca

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 04:36:23 am »

How can I keep MC launched in the background w/ HS on top?

If what I suggested doesn't work, I have no idea. Theatre View and (I assume) Hyperspin are different than normal windows on the Windows desktop, each using the display directly. (Maybe someone else could provide a proper technical explanation.) Changing from one to the other must be somewhat different than changing windows (i.e., one releasing the display so the other can use it).

Another guess: I suppose if 'Use fullscreen exclusive mode for drawing' is checked in the (Advanced) Theatre View options, that could create some problems.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 07:11:07 am »

I don't have any experience with Hyperspin but you may try contacting H4CK3R a user on here that has a ton of experience with the Hyperspin and actually knows the developer.
H4CK3R's real name is Charles if you don't hear from him within a few of days after sending him an email let me know and I will give him a call so he knows to look for a message from you.
I would put Hyperspin in the Subject.
Sean

JoeBlow42069

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 03:56:43 pm »

I don't have any experience with Hyperspin but you may try contacting H4CK3R a user on here that has a ton of experience with the Hyperspin and actually knows the developer.
H4CK3R's real name is Charles if you don't hear from him within a few of days after sending him an email let me know and I will give him a call so he knows to look for a message from you.

Tyvm, for the quick response. I have sent a pm.

JoeBlow42069

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 08:52:42 pm »

H4CK3R is having the same issue I am and has quit launching external programs for MC. I did find the "Stay on Top" application at http://download.cnet.com/Stay-On-Top/3000-2072_4-10430147.html. It allows you to select which windows you want to stay on top of other windows. I'll test it out later, but should be the perfect solution. Too bad there isn't a setting like this in MC. Hopefully an option will be included in an update. Until then this should work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up