INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New computer playback problems  (Read 1077 times)

boydn

• Galactic Citizen
New computer playback problems
« on: October 17, 2012, 04:11:11 pm »

I had a computer die and replaced it.  Music and Library are on a second drive.  I put the drive in the new machine and loaded the library on the old drive.  Playback is fine on that machine.
I had three machines on the network with music and library on the second drive on "Main" then on the two others mapped a drive to:
G:\mulimedia\music library\

I load the library on basement and it shows the library but, if I playback I get "The file could not be found.  Check that the filename in the library matches the filename on the disk"

Where do I start to figure out how to get back to where I was before?
Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: New computer playback problems
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 05:57:15 pm »

Hover over a file and wait a second to see where it is located.  Is it really there?  Drive letters can change.

See the wiki topic called "Moving files" for additional information.

boydn

• Galactic Citizen
Re: New computer playback problems
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 06:34:02 pm »

Jim, Thanks for the quick reply.
If I hover over the filename in MC it shows G:\Multimedia\Music Library\3 doors down\the better life\3 doors down-kryptonite.wma which is the same as it shows in the filename tag and if I find the file in windows explorer. 
Not sure if I was clear before but my library is stored on Main G:\\mc13 library and I load the same library on all three computers.  It's kinda weird but, I don't want to leave mc running all the time on main so, media server option really doesn't work.
The drive letter on "Main" stays "G" all the time.
Thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up