INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Player Up/Down options File Name  (Read 1288 times)

phokono

• Recent member
Player Up/Down options File Name
« on: July 22, 2012, 01:40:20 am »

When I'm playing a file I would like the player to tell me the actual filename instead of the name tag when I cycle through the Up/Down options like "Playing Now" "Aspect Ratio" "Zoom" "Volume" etc. Is there any way to do this?

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Player Up/Down options File Name
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 05:04:14 am »

No. I agree, [Filename] is probably more suitable for a Settings OSD than [Name]. What I'd like to see is a separate Metadata or Info OSD that's configurable and behaves in exactly the same way as a Theatre View File Info panel. Although it would overlay a playing video, it would be the best way to answer those burning questions that come up, "What's that actor's name?" or for us old folks, "What are we watching?" Playback can be paused before calling it, but for video the option to do so automatically might be useful.

phokono

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 06:15:46 am »

yea i just watch a lot of things downloaded from youtube clips on JRiver cause I like my remote and sometimes there are many Hyphens and that renames the file tag and I want to check the date while its playing and it doesn't show cause the file is called something like this:

John Lash - Atlantis3D Radio - 05-14-11 - Encounters with The Supernatural - YouTube

and it turns into this:

Encounters with The Supernatural - YouTube

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 07:54:14 am »

That's a different matter. If you want, you can use edit [Name] to Filename(,0)—the filename of the selected file, without the extension. That is, select all those files, put [Name] in edit mode, and enter =Filename(,0). You can also use Fill properties from filename to save each part (separated by hyphens) in a separate field.

phokono

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 09:49:29 am »

ok that works! thank you  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up