INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some warning that MC17 cannot be closed without halting TV Guide update  (Read 736 times)

Jong

• Citizen of the Universe

Sorry for the noob-like question and noob-like way of expressing it! I have seen this twice, both times when sitting down with friends & family to watch a movie and I wasn't really able to get stuck into diagnostics.

The HTPC automatically restarts MC17 when the PC wakes from sleep, so I can guarantee MC17 is always on the top Theaterview menu and in focus whenever anyone wakes it up. The above warning is in a pop-up window and has to be cancelled using a mouse. Not very convenient if the user is using a remote control and the mouse is hidden away in a drawer.

When I saw the popup I assumed I had left the TV service enabled - the HTPC does not have a TV Tuner and only ripped or downloaded TV shows are watched using it - and figured I'd fix it later. However, on checking, the TV feature is not-enabled. I have no idea why a TV guide would be being updated and have no idea how to disable it.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up