INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Songs not showing up in Android after synching from MC17  (Read 1161 times)

doubrown

• Junior Woodchuck
Songs not showing up in Android after synching from MC17
« on: July 22, 2012, 08:29:35 am »

I'm unsure if this is an Android or MC issue. I have a Galaxy S3. My PC library has 10,387 songs. After I synch, the phone reports that it has 10,026 songs. I identified a few of the songs that are on the PC but not showing up in Android. MC reports those songs as being on the device. If I manually navigate the phone from Windows Explorer, I can also see the song files. Curiously, I have tried 3 separate Android music apps and all have the same issue: even though 10,387 files transferred, only 10,026 are recognized. I suspect this has something to do with either certain tagging not being recognized by Android or convention that MC uses to structure the files on the phone. Has anyone else encountered this issue? I cannot find a pattern to the missing files.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Songs not showing up in Android after synching from MC17
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 09:32:31 am »

Something in the file name that the phone doesn't like?

It's probably the phone's discovery of the media that is having trouble.  You could try renaming a few.

Another possibility is the size or type of image that may be embedded in the track.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 12:50:08 pm »

I think most Android music apps have a setting for 'ignore files less than XXkb' which might be part of this issue, or perhaps you didn't convert all file types and have some files that Android just can't recognize as music.
pretend this is something funny

doubrown

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 01:07:15 pm »

I solved the problem. Out of the box, the SDXC was formatted to exFAT. If you try to reformat from the phone, it stays in exFAT. Android does not entirely support exFAT, producing issues ranging from the card not being recognized at all, to some files not showing up on card to metadata not being read from card. The solution is to remove the card and reformat to FAT32 from a PC. For 64 GB card, Win7 only provides format options for exFAT and NTFS. I had to find a third party utility to format to FAT32. After resynching, all the songs scanned and played properly. Apparently the root cause is MSFT patents on exFAT meaning that Android and hardware manufacturers can't fully support exFAT.
Pages: [1]   Go Up