INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Requests  (Read 125803 times)

xplain

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #250 on: September 06, 2012, 03:49:03 am »

1. Option to Save Background Images in Artist/Movie Folder.

Because my HTPC is not always connected to the internet.And it would be possible to add my own Background Images.
  +Options:-Using Internet for Background Images or not.
               -Existing Images in Folders should be deleted or not when grabbing them from the net or only added.
               -Choose how many Images should be saved
               -Quality?

6. Backgound Images should be searched in Original Filename Tag in first place for Movies.

I'm from Austria and i get wrong Background Images for some Movies because of the different Filenames in other Countries.So I think I'm not the only one with this problem and this should solve it.
If the Original Filename Tag is empty MC should search for Background Images like before.

I can agree on all requested by StuckMojo  but the two above
would be really nice.

Thomas

Liquidtouch

« Reply #251 on: September 06, 2012, 01:04:44 pm »

Several Theater Mode Netflix Suggestions:

1. For users not in the US the ability to remove the "Instant Queue" item from the menu. Very sadly most of us don't have one.

2. Add the ability to view sub genres similar to the Netflix website. For example selecting "Comedies" would being you to the next page with comedies sorted by sub genres like romantic comedies, stand-up comedy, family friendly comedies etc. This would be more similar to how the Apple TV and the WD TV Live handle Netflix.

Those of us outside of the US can not queue up movies to watch at a later date which makes the browsing aspect more important. While we can use the search we need to first know the movie is available. Its a pain searching for movies on a laptop, finding the title, then searching for the title on the HTPC and finally playing it. I am on the fence on ditching the HTPC for Netflix use and picking up a hardware device that supports it. All that being said MC17's Netflix support has been the best I have tried on the HTPC and SOOO close to being functionally perfect. These final couple things would make it as good as the officially supported hardware devices.

maid

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #252 on: September 07, 2012, 02:18:46 am »

Automatic download of a movie rating like IMDB
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

MetalHOE

• Recent member
« Reply #253 on: September 07, 2012, 07:38:19 am »

-  What about to add info about each of used VST plugin when tweaking in DSP manager? It would be useful to be sure which supports 64bit and which works in 16/32bit only...

-  It would be nice to have an option to add Artists'/Bands' images and then to have a special kind of view profile where only those images are displayed instead of album covers of those artists so you can scroll down and choose which artist/band are you going to play now to get to album selection :-) ... And even better, it would be nice to even see the artist's/band's image as well when listing all OR every single album made by them... OR EVEN BETTER, those artists images could be loaded in a slideshow from the internet as it works in Theater mode, that would be lovely!!!

struct

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #254 on: September 07, 2012, 08:25:15 am »

two thoughts...

- played with a mac air the other day.  was impressed (I know I am not too modern) with the multiple finger swipes and gestures possible with the touchpad.  As these pads become more common I presume we will see more multi-touch remotes and having MC (theatreview) respond to gestures would be good (e.g. three finger swipe to the left goes back to Movies, five finger scrunch goes to main menu, etc).

- having MC main display running on TV with the main MC interface running on a tablet would be good.  I recently downloaded the android app screenslider which extends a windows desktop to an android tablet/phone.  I imagine a customized version of this type of program where MC runs and stays on the PC but the menu for theatreview is sent to the tablet/phone for offline browsing etc while Playing Now continues.

Craig

bebe

• Recent member
« Reply #255 on: September 07, 2012, 09:17:03 pm »

video up-conversion to 1080p

outofspace7

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Im using Opera 10 browser! www.opera.com
« Reply #256 on: September 08, 2012, 07:00:32 am »

Could work with Deezer.
I'm sure they will be more open than Spotify.
outofspace

jaynyc

• World Citizen
« Reply #257 on: September 08, 2012, 11:16:46 am »

Another feature request:

Ability to "automatically" convert file formats when using the Export to iTunes & iPhone feature

for example, if most of my library is FLAC, then I want to convert FLAC to WAV when using the Export to iTunes & iPhone feature to export an entire playlist

bebe

• Recent member
« Reply #258 on: September 08, 2012, 01:31:04 pm »

Excuse my ignorance since I use the program/suite almost exclusively for audio playback using WASAPI Event Style and ASIO. This may be beyond intended scope of the program (hope not) but it could lend itself to ability to record .flv streams. Same for PC recording and/or media serving of firewire video streams: for example, programs streamed from a dvhs?

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #259 on: September 08, 2012, 05:30:34 pm »

One very important Feature Request i have forgotten:

-The ability to configure importing Online Meta Tags more precise

Options:

On Fresh Import:
-Complete Online Tagging (All fields)
-No Online Tagging
-Online Tagging (Only empty Fields) - Like it is now.
-And perhaps an option to clear Tags that are not in the Online Database.

Files already in Library:
-Complete Online Tagging (All fields)
-Online Tagging (Only empty Fields)
-And perhaps an option to clear Tags that are not in the Online Database.
+ Selectable Tag Fields that should be tagged or not!!!!! - Very IMPORTANT!

And separate settings for Audio and Video would be nice.

Now that I've done much custom Tagging in my Library,it would be awful when they would disappear.
Because i think the Online Meta Tagging feature is not complete yet.So there will come a time, that i will have to
update my tags again (When new Tags arrive).But my "selfmade" Tags should not get lost. So this Feature is a MUST. For many other MC Users,too.

+Better Music Online Tagging would be nice.Yadb only is not enough.Take a look at MusicBee Freeware Tool.
  Very good Tagging options.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Selectable (activate/deactivate) sidecar (XML) files for different Filetypes that cannot store Tags themself.

(ISO,SACD ISO,WAV,.... or perhaps selectable for all Filetypes that MC supports).

Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #260 on: September 09, 2012, 05:32:31 am »

I have read most of the thread, but I do not think I have read that the MC18 will also support 3D: is correct? Still not in your plans?

Too bad, because at least for me, is the only thing missing.

vulture_g7

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #261 on: September 09, 2012, 11:01:31 am »

Another idea and one that's probably easy to implement: At "set rules" panels, it'd be really great if every rule had a tick box at the start of each rule already defined. This way, you can set/unset rules without having to define them all over again. It would be particularly useful (at least for me) for Play Doctor to switch between "genre" rules without having to redefine them each time.

preproman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #262 on: September 10, 2012, 05:55:45 am »

Action Window Request

Please add Play Disk inside the Action Window.

We already have Rip Disk, Burn Disk and other things.  Why not Play Disk.  Makes things a hole lot easier if your using your laptop as a CD palyer.

2minikan

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #263 on: September 10, 2012, 12:38:53 pm »

I would like to request front and rear presence channels in the DSP.  E.I, Front presence, rear presence and stereo wide channel.

lboregard

• Recent member
« Reply #264 on: September 10, 2012, 06:09:38 pm »

features i think would improve usability

- better handling of iso (bluray or dvd rips) files
there's a convoluted way of making this work (manually), the ideal scenario would be mc doing the work for us. this refers to both metadata and playback

- use folder name for get movie and tv info
mostly for movies, this would highly improve accuracy

- reuse cover arts and backdrops
if available, reuse art files that reside in the media folders

- improve webgizmo
currently i had to resort to a third party ios app, because webgizmo isnt fully featured ... it might be an oversight on my part, but havent found a way to play movies on the server, rather than having them streamed, and there are no "remote control" functions

Castius

« Reply #265 on: September 10, 2012, 11:38:26 pm »

How hard would it be to have a version of webgizmo look like theater view  (theaterGizmo) and be a remote control for another location?
It would be a great way to use a tablet or phone to control theater view.

PS i know this is not an easy request given how many people still want new feature for theater view. Let a long make it work on android/iphone.
But it would still be sweat! I just don't want my only option to be a windows tablet. And i just wouldn't feel right not asking. 8)

rossp

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #266 on: September 12, 2012, 08:39:00 am »

I have read most of the thread, but I do not think I have read that the MC18 will also support 3D: is correct? Still not in your plans?

Too bad, because at least for me, is the only thing missing.

I have played 3D side by side video files in MC without a problem. So for me it is already supported. This even works via DLNA.

Ross

Dr Tone

• World Citizen
« Reply #267 on: September 13, 2012, 02:00:20 pm »

Advanced playlist management via the webservice.  One thing JRemote is missing is the ability to reorganize and or delete tracks from a playlist.  He mentions this is a limitation with the webservice/api.

Ability to list compilation albums under Album Artists where the album artist is one of the artists on a compilation.

Sheugel

• World Citizen
« Reply #268 on: September 13, 2012, 02:15:06 pm »

Advanced playlist management via the webservice.  One thing JRemote is missing is the ability to reorganize and or delete tracks from a playlist.  He mentions this is a limitation with the webservice/api.
+1

HiFiTubes

« Reply #269 on: September 13, 2012, 02:55:42 pm »

What about displaying total playlist time, something the MC doesn't put in a very visible space (bottom) only when a track is not selected.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #270 on: September 15, 2012, 03:52:52 am »

What I would really like to see in a future MC version is calibration help for video. Each time I reinstall or update drivers it seems to change and I need to redo this. Although I have a bunch of videos and a printed manual, it would just be that much easier if MC had it built in.

A set of pictures to help set brightness, white- and blacklevels, contrast and colors. Each picture should be preceded with some text to explain what to do with general tips on which controls on the TV to use and what to look for. Optionally it could offer to use the video controls from the videodrivers to adjust and calibrate colors (some TV's won't allow to adjust individual color levels).

In line with this, I think it would be nice when I play a video, and adjust brightness/contrast levels for that particular video, it would remember this and apply it when I play it again (this is someone in line with the DPS settings for audio that Matt suggested in another thread).

In time(maybe tricky or even impossible I don't know) I think it would be awesome if MC could calibrate audio channels as well (levels, distance/delay). I have a mic with my Denon 4306 but I'm not sure if that would work on a mic input on the pc?

edriley

« Reply #271 on: September 15, 2012, 08:37:52 am »

Citizen of the Universe

« Reply #169 on: August 11, 2012, 03:30:40 am »
   Reply with quoteQuote
OPTION: to toggle Search to be sticky so it is preserved as you drill down into Tile results of the search.

----

Ditto.  I'd like to see the search preserved as well, something similar to the search window in Firefox.  It would also be nice to be able to cut and paste a search term from a web browser.

I'd also like to see the option of associating genres with DSP Studio settings.  For example, all songs tagged with a jazz genre would play would play with certain settings, and other genres might play with different settings.

Thanks for the great product!  I really enjoy using MC!

MetalHOE

• Recent member
« Reply #272 on: September 15, 2012, 09:55:34 am »

Please make possible to add all CD-booklet images into audio files (not only one per track -front cover - as it is usual in any player) and let us see them as a slideshow when playing music in Theater view (for example in playing now instead of seing only the front cover or in the "list", everywhere at the best) :-)

Simon Chick

• Recent member
« Reply #273 on: September 16, 2012, 06:41:17 am »

I'd like to see improvement/automation in how cover art is handled when there is multiple images for a particular album.

Today, the way to do this is to include the image file types in the audio libraries and then also tag the image file with the same album/artist tag of the audio files.  This is a cumbersome process and also means I then have to hide files from the library view if i don't want them showing up in the track list.

I'd like to have a setting that allows me to automatically include all image files in an album folder in views where art is scrolled/rotated, including as background in theater view when listening to that album.  So, all i need to do is copy image files to the folder and MC does the rest of the work for me without it having to show up in library views of audio.

thanks

big +1 from me.
I've been waiting many versions for an EASY way to be able to see back cover or other images when I want to while a track is playing. Just a right click on the image and see a ist of other images in the album folder, and then pick one?
Something as simple as that would add a significant extra functionality.
I see that there are other similar requests in this thread too. The one quoted above was just the first one I had found.
NAS > noiseless PC > Ayre QB-9 USB DAC > Ayre KX-R pre-amp > Ayre MX-R monoblocs > Dynaudio Confidence C4 Signatures
Chord Sarum interconnects and speaker cables
Missing Link Opus, MCRU Ultimate and Transparent Reference Powerlink power cables
PS Audio P10 Power Plant. Sonority isolation platforms.

MetalHOE

• Recent member
« Reply #274 on: September 16, 2012, 06:56:32 am »

I'd like to see improvement/automation in how cover art is handled when there is multiple images for a particular album.

Today, the way to do this is to include the image file types in the audio libraries and then also tag the image file with the same album/artist tag of the audio files.  This is a cumbersome process and also means I then have to hide files from the library view if i don't want them showing up in the track list.

I'd like to have a setting that allows me to automatically include all image files in an album folder in views where art is scrolled/rotated, including as background in theater view when listening to that album.  So, all i need to do is copy image files to the folder and MC does the rest of the work for me without it having to show up in library views of audio.

thanks

Oh yeah, I absolutely second that!!! Exactly what I want as well! It would be nice to integrate option to add and then read lyrics when using JRiver as well...

lboregard

• Recent member
« Reply #275 on: September 16, 2012, 06:41:51 pm »

Mark a video as watched if it has been watched with the ability to mark/unmark videos as watched manually.  If I manually mark a TV Series as watched all episodes are marked, same with a season.  The watched status indicator should be easily visible on screen.

Change the default TV show view so under a series there are seasons (unless only one season is available).  A way to easily configure this would be a alternative.

Configurable skip fwd/backward with 2 levels, IE so I can skip fwd 30 back 15 and 5 fwd 5 back using a remote.

+1 on this ... a "watched" functionality is needed, otherwise, you keep browsing trough the same movies over and over again (thinking recent view)

nick26

• Recent member
« Reply #276 on: September 17, 2012, 06:01:48 am »

Will MC 18 support DVD-Audio (iso or folders)?

nickeaston

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #277 on: September 17, 2012, 04:34:43 pm »

I'd like to NOT see my playlists depleted because of temporary transfer of file batches to a work drive for de-duping and then returning the left-overs back to the library drive.  (I want to keep the "fix broken links" feature, not have to disable it).

My workaround is having a permanent playlist tag in each file.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #278 on: September 17, 2012, 05:14:18 pm »

I'd like mc to save bookmarks for optical media (dvd's and bd's) between sessions. Currently a saved bookmark is reset if mc is restarted.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

dean70

« Reply #279 on: September 18, 2012, 06:45:02 pm »

It would be nice to have native Ambiophonics support in the DSP engine (particularly multi-channel)

http://www.ambiophonics.org/

I currently run the Ambiophonic DSP VST plugin, which is 2 channel only & it has transformed my stereo listening experience.

Jong

« Reply #280 on: September 20, 2012, 10:13:08 am »

I'll be honest I'm waiting for improvements on BD/ISO handling, which I am very keen on testing. The improvements so far are important to many, I am sure. But other than those improvements (and IOS video playback) I am very happy with MC17 for now.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #281 on: September 20, 2012, 11:33:11 am »

Channel logo images

some indication of shows selected for recording

+1 on both of these...for sure the indication in the guide...

SpeedD408

• World Citizen
« Reply #282 on: September 20, 2012, 11:36:20 am »

some indication of shows selected for recording

Cheers for the continued work on MC!

SBR

I would really like this.  Some indication stating what show(s) are being recorded would be great.  I don't care if its the red record dot, changing the show background color or a fancy icon of some type.  But something would be great.
Media PC: Ryzen 3900X, Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero, 16GB RAM, Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe 4.0, NVidia 1070 GPU
Software: JRiver MC 26.0.22, AnyDVD HD 8.4.4.0
Audio Processor: Lynx AES16e (FW: 14.1) w/ Aurora 16-VT (FW: 31)
Amp: Emotiva MPS-2
Speakers: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/RAAL & Horizon w/RAAL and Sierra-2's as surrounds
Sub: Dual Rythmik Audio FV15HP
TV Tuner: HD HomeRun Prime

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #283 on: September 21, 2012, 12:35:44 pm »

Theater View tagging:

Most Tags don't need a complete new Tag,if you have many Files in your Library.Genre for Example.

Adding a Drop Down Menü for Tagging with existing Tags in Theater View would be nice!
So we don't need to "write" every Tag with remote,if the Tag already exists.
Same Drop Down Field as in Normal View.
Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #284 on: September 21, 2012, 01:13:58 pm »

Expand the availabilty of Play Doctor in Gizmo.

For example, long press on any album or artist in a view and get Play (with Play Doctor) as an option.

Thanks!

huber13

• Recent member
« Reply #285 on: September 21, 2012, 02:17:55 pm »

Would like to have easy access to rip DVD-A and SACD to regular library for music play back and not have to use "DVD-audio extractor" or any other outside software. 
Dislocated Boy Blues

LarryASilva

• Recent member
MILKDROP or PROJECT M....FOR YEARS ... no Media Center support !!! WHY ?
« Reply #286 on: September 21, 2012, 03:58:40 pm »

PLEASE find a way for our favorite media player ... JRiver Media Player ... to work with Milk Drop or Project M.

I am tired of changing to Winamp or iTunes to use this OUTSTANDING VISUALIZER.

I bought the Project M Android app for a couple of bucks and this visualizer works with ANY media player app....you can even configure it to react to your voice.  I can output the video of my Samsung Galaxy III S in 1080p via HDMI to a video projector ... AWESOME visualizations ?

JRiver folks ... please MAKE IT SO with Media Center version nineteen.

iswego

• Recent member
« Reply #287 on: September 21, 2012, 04:17:13 pm »

... Optimised recording of DVB-s in ts format would be great. With Release 17 there are still problems  with file size of a recorded show....

morfeeus

« Reply #288 on: September 21, 2012, 06:17:21 pm »

My next acquirement soon will be Sony’s Sound Forge Pro 10 audio production software with iZotope’s 64 bit Sample Rate Convertor and MBIT dither. I would like to see this software be implemented into 18 easy.

gymrome

« Reply #289 on: September 21, 2012, 06:39:15 pm »

I have a request regarding MC Music: A welcome and useful addition for we audiophiles would be Pre-Upsampling[/i][/b]  MC is top notch for copying in WAV format...being able to pre-upsample would make something great, even better.

buddiehollie

• Recent member
« Reply #290 on: September 21, 2012, 08:32:34 pm »

This happens with audio files too the wrong images keep show sometimes, while am here what about internet TV and Radio feature?

favre

« Reply #291 on: September 22, 2012, 12:16:23 am »

Streaming and buying music from Qobuz directly within MC would be a very nice feature.
(Anyhow, you already have made a very good job! Many thanks.)

Fatfly

• Recent member
« Reply #292 on: September 22, 2012, 03:49:50 am »

I'm really happy with MC, especially the powerful tools to manipulate library without loosing tags. I used it as a media center and use gizmo on a tablet as remote to control it. The media center is connected to the TV but i usually keep the tv off.
SO Gizmo is my main interface on day to day use. It would be great to have some improvement for Gizmo like:
- with a better search function i.e accessible from any window like if you are in "GENRE" you can search an artist and then keep drilling down.
- album art don't have refresh every time you loose the connection.
- Ability to choose skin on Gizmo. / customized GENRE / ARTIST / ... icon.
- ability in gizmo when you are choosing a videos to view the descriptions to help choosing.
- in playing now, ability to drag song to change order. and to remove 1 song from playing now.

Thanks for this great software.

JoeH

• Recent member
« Reply #293 on: September 22, 2012, 04:58:42 am »

I have only one small feature request. When I select files from Windows Explorer and drag them onto Media Center 18, a playlist is created. I would like to be able to have the option to have that playlist automatically ordered alphabetically. That way I can number videos in the order I want them played and then just drag them onto Media Center 18.

(The other way to solve this problem would be to use a smart playlist. I have tried this, but the smart playlist updates too slowly to be of use. I would need to be able to rename the files in Windows Explorer to the order I want and have those changes immediately detected by Media Center 18.)

HiFiTubes

« Reply #294 on: September 22, 2012, 05:35:30 am »

Better dual display support is imperative.

• Ability to display Theater View on display, and standard on another.
    Better "memory" for Detach Display feature.
    Ability to use Win + Arrow key to move MC back and forth.

preproman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #295 on: September 22, 2012, 07:04:20 am »

I thought the scroll bar in Theater View was going to fade away??

I need a skin manager or how do I add more skins now?

wildsam

• Recent member
« Reply #296 on: September 22, 2012, 07:44:17 am »

A very handy feature would be to have stereo / multichannel selection when playing back sacd iso's
thanks heaps!  ;D

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #297 on: September 22, 2012, 08:28:19 am »

1) 'Auto-Hide' function for File List and Tree in Playing Now

2) Allow 'Radio' buttons to hide when File List is closed so as not to distract from the Display area

. . . the game is rigged

yurighisio

« Reply #298 on: September 22, 2012, 01:04:28 pm »

Control by a mackie MCU pro control surface.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #299 on: September 22, 2012, 01:30:44 pm »

iPhone videos should play with correct orientation.  :'(
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up