INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some Freeview New Zealand DVB-T-HD channels not tuning.  (Read 3089 times)

Kellean

Some Freeview New Zealand DVB-T-HD channels not tuning.
« on: July 18, 2012, 03:21:19 am »

I have a Hauppauge HVR4000 running under Win 7 with V17.0.180. MCE and Hauppauge's WIN TV are uninstalled. Hauppauge drivers are up to date.

Previously I used both MCR and WIN TV to tune all the available terrestial Freeview channels; but I would prefer to use MC.

When I do an auto scan with MC it only recognises five channels (all on transmitter channel 32 - 562 MHz).
When I manually tune I can get all the available TV and radio stations on transmitter channels 32 (562 MHZ) and channel 36 (594 MHz) - but I can't tune anything on transmitter channel 34 (578 MHz).

The table of service IDs, channels etc looks to be up to date (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeview_(New_Zealand).

The problem does not seem to relate to video format as i can receive both H.264 HD and H.264 SD and there are both H.264 HD and H.264 SD in the group of stations I can't tune.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem?  It does not seems to be a signal strength problem. All the television channels that can't be tuned are from one broadcaster.

Regards
Doug Maclean

csy

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Some Freeview New Zealand DVB-T-HD channels not tuning.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 12:39:10 am »

I have it working fine in Christchurch, but sometimes find that I have to repeat the scan several times to pick-up all three transport streams, as it often misses one.

Kellean

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 05:32:00 pm »

Thanks for the Christchurch feedback.

I have found a solution, although I'm not sure if I found the real cause of the problem for manual tuning.

I opened the DVB frequencies.xml file and found in the New Zealand entries that only one of the three transponder frequencies I needed were listed. It looks as if this file needs an update for all the NZ frequencies now being used.

By adding the other two transponder frequencies for the Manawatu area I managed to get auto scanning working and detecting all available channels.

However this does not explain why manual tuning did not work. As one of the transponder frequencies that was not listed in the file manually tuned OK but the other did not!

Given you enter the frequency in when you manually tune a television channel it does not make sense that recognising that channel is driven by DVB frequencies.xml

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 06:04:28 pm »

The xml file is used only for channel scanning, not for tuning to a channel. 

If you post the updated frequencies, we will update it for future builds.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Kellean

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 09:23:16 pm »

Thanks

Frequencies (from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeview_(New_Zealand)) are as follows:

Ch  Frequency
28  530
29  538
31  554
32  562
33  570
34  578
35  586
36  594
37  602
38  610
40  626
42  642
45  666
50  704

PS any chance of have the NZ EPG implemented?  It uses MHEG-5 format.

Flyingsparks

• Recent member
Re: Re: Some Freeview New Zealand DVB-T-HD channels not tuning.
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 10:55:37 pm »

Fyi, I use the Geekzone EPG collector for the guide. Pulls the MHEG5 stream over the air, can do the satellite stream too. Create a bat file to run it with the configuration file you make. You can then set MC to run this and import the resulting xml. Hope this helps.
Pages: [1]   Go Up