INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library manual add of titles  (Read 1282 times)

CraigNZ

• World Citizen
Library manual add of titles
« on: July 28, 2012, 10:59:38 am »

Is there a way to manually add an entry to the library?  What I want to do is 'catalog' all of my bluray movies (physical discs) so that I can use Theater View to conveniently select a movie.  The play option would then prompt to insert disc.  This would then augment the movies I also have on the hard drive, showing my entire collection of movies.

rhgh

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Library manual add of titles
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 02:38:58 pm »

if you want to add a library field
among options, library & fields, manage library fields
You can add fields

kensn

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 03:06:05 pm »

You could create a folder and set up a "dummy" file with the correct cover art in the folder and customize a view to see the cover art, but I do not know how to do the insert disc prompt... Cool idea though.
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

CraigNZ

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 03:39:56 pm »

I found way to 'import' the disc .. simply insert the disc in the PC drive and then in MC right click and 'import'.  That does add an entry in the library, it stores the art work in the user folder (roaming .. etc) so when you later restart the PC and run MC you can see the movie listed with the others.  The only problem with this method is you have to mount each of your discs, import it, then dismount it.  Would be a lot easier if you could just click 'Import' and then something like 'Add Disc'.

But with this method if you try to play it you get an error message.  So not good.  There are lots of tag fields available, one method would be to change the type of file to 'disc' .. that way the user can easily select file type and see their disc library titles, and when play, MC would see type disc and display a message to insert the disc.

Maybe this feature could be added to MC18 as it would really be nice to integrate both your disc storage movies with the disc library.

CraigNZ

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 03:56:42 pm »

Thinking a bit more about this, the comment field could be used as the prompt field.  Then, when play, MC could look at media type (disc) and instead of actually playing it, would display the comment field in the tag.  A nice thing about this then is if you have organized your discs in different locations or have loaned the disc to a friend, or any other comment about the disc, then this would remind you when you go to play it.

So I guess the changes to MC would be:

1. With Tools|Import .. there would be a 3rd option displayed: Add Disc

2. Play .. if 'disc' type then display comment field.
Pages: [1]   Go Up