INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: trying to setup tv card's  (Read 1350 times)

bigmuscles

• Junior Woodchuck
trying to setup tv card's
« on: July 28, 2012, 06:24:46 am »

Hi all, just giving jriver ago looks very cool,got most of it setup ok the issues im having is with me tv cards i have a dvb t and a dvb s2 as you all may know that some channels are the same one both cards (maybe differnt name as in me freeview is bbc one where as freesat is bbc 1 london) anyhow im trying to merge the two channels into one so i can record one channel and still watch another example i have bbc 1 bbc 2 itv1 on freeview card dvb t and also have the same channels on me freesat dvb s2 (with me so far lol) so how do i merge all the channels off the same name together so i can record on bbc 1 and watch itv 1 aswell.

many thanks ps did a search and nothink so thats why im asking

bigmuscles.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: trying to setup tv card's
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 07:16:25 am »

Hi bigmuscles,

Thanks for trying Media Center and welcome to Interact.

Currently DVB-T and DVB-S channels can not be merged.  You need to keep both set of channels.  Although this makes your channel list a little cluttered, it does not affect your ability to record one channel while watching another.  When you schedule to record, try using DVB-T for those overlapped channels so you can free up DVB-S tuner for other channels that are only available on DVB-S. 

You can watch a channel while it is being recorded.  This way you will not use two tuners for the same program.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up