INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display resolution changed between build 165 & 182?  (Read 957 times)

MarkHirst

• Recent member
Display resolution changed between build 165 & 182?
« on: July 30, 2012, 02:54:49 pm »

Hi

I have a HDTV connected to my PC running MC. I have just upgraded from build 165 to 182 (and done nothing else) and noticed something has changed in the display resolution for std def .MP4 files (HD continues to work fine).

Previously a .MP4 file would play and fill the screen (ie a 16:9 format 720x576 would fill the screen horizontally. Now when i play the same .MP4 using build 182 the picture appears to be the same aspect ratio but is just displayed smaller (ie does not fill the screen horizontally), i just have a small picture in the middle of a large empty screen. The Window setting in Theatre view in both cases was set to 'Maintain Aspect Ratio'.

I can alter the window setting to stretch or crop and this does allow the picture to fill the screen but the quality looks poor (or am i imagining it??) compared to build 165

Has something changed between the two builds? Is there some new setting that i have to set? Is it possible to get access to build between 165 & 182 to determine exactly which build the change was made?

Thanks

MarkHirst

• Recent member
Re: Display resolution changed between build 165 & 182?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 03:26:18 pm »

OK - re-installed all builds from 165 - 180 & they all display the same .MP4 file 'correctly' (i.e. as in all previous versions of MC since 12).

Can't find build 181, so installed build 182 - same MP4 now displays incorrectly (i.e small picture in the middle of a large screen surrounded by black borders). Re-install 180 - everything OK again.

So - something appears to have changed between build 180 & 182 which alters the displayed resolution of std def .MP4 files.

Is this just me?? - help:-)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Display resolution changed between build 165 & 182?
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 05:09:24 pm »

I can't think what this might be.

Please try Red October Standard in Options > Video.  Also, make sure all types are set to 'Automatic' in Options > File Types.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up