INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some movie posters (aka cover art?) refuse to change  (Read 1906 times)

lockdown571

• Junior Woodchuck
Some movie posters (aka cover art?) refuse to change
« on: August 07, 2012, 10:47:27 pm »

So during automatic import, posters weren't generated for a view of my movies. I usually fix this by right clicking and selecting "Get Movie & TV Info", but for a subset of these files, the change just doesn't stick. Movie_name.jpg files are generated and placed in the movie's folder, but they do not appear in the JRiver interface at all. Sometimes I can fix this by manually deleting the Movie_name.jpg file and trying again, but other times it doesn't work. Instead I'm stuck with what I believe is an auto-generated thumbnail from the beginning of the movie. Any ideas?

lockdown571

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Some movie posters (aka cover art?) refuse to change
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 10:51:17 pm »

Come to think of it, this is pretty similar to problem I experienced here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=72887.0. So, again, maybe the problem is the old poster is stored in cache somewhere, and the interface will eventually update with the new poster. The reason why I didn't think this at first, though, is because most of the time the change appears immediately.

lockdown571

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 11:02:33 pm »

I just discovered that this only happens when I try to change the poster from a client (with the server library loaded). Everything works fine if I change the poster directly on the server.

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 11:22:17 pm »

I just discovered that this only happens when I try to change the poster from a client (with the server library loaded). Everything works fine if I change the poster directly on the server.

You are correct. An unfortunate limitation. Hopefully this will change one day...
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

lockdown571

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 12:40:57 am »

You are correct. An unfortunate limitation. Hopefully this will change one day...

Ah thanks for the info. It seems a bit weird it works some of the time. I guess I will have to wait XD

NickF

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 03:53:45 am »

To make changes from the client, you need to have authentication set up on the server.  Go to Tools > Options > Media Network and set up the authentication credentials.  The next time the client connects, it will ask for these credentials.  Make sure that "remember" is checked so you don't need to do this every time.

I know this works for changing values in library fields.  I haven't tried it for cover art changes.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

MrHaugen

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 04:18:19 am »

Ah thanks for the info. It seems a bit weird it works some of the time. I guess I will have to wait XD
It works until you restart the "client". It then reloads the library from the server and discards the cover art changes.
Normal library fields are transfered to the server. Cover art is not.  Hopefully MC will be smart enough to upload the cover changes to the server in the future. This is a bad limitation for those that use their client to do library cleanup tasks.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

NickF

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 12:30:04 pm »

I have just done an update to a movie cover art from the client using update from file.  I restarted both the server and client and the update was saved on the server OK and now appears on both.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 05:47:30 pm »

I have just done an update to a movie cover art from the client using update from file.  I restarted both the server and client and the update was saved on the server OK and now appears on both.

Nick.

So what's the secret? It's never worked for me. All other tags (that should save)  save fine.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation
Pages: [1]   Go Up