INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theatre View - Possible to organise lists by Artist in my case?  (Read 1120 times)

gazjam

• World Citizen

Hi,
Been using standard view up till now, but spent a bit of time organising my library/theatre view settings to get it just the way I want it.
Almost there bar one thing :)

I found Genre too limiting a Tag as it only allows one entry ber file, so I created a Tag "Styles" which allowed multiple entries seperated by ;
I came from a Squeezebox system and this is how all my files were genre tagged.

From the pics below you can see my setup.

MAIN SCREEN: Audio/Styles....

Grid View of different Styles..

List View of all songs tagged with this particular Style...

This is just a list of songs and not particularly easy to navigate.
It would be FANTASTIC if I could further separate this list by a "per artist" folder view.
Is this possible at all?

thanks.
Getting more into the "guts" of Jrivers way of doing things..what a great piece of software!

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Theatre View - Possible to organise lists by Artist in my case?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 03:25:38 pm »

Just as in Standard View, you can add as many categories as you need. In this case, you probably want Genre - Style - Album Artist (auto) - Album. Categories aren't restricted to fields—they can be expressions (among other things). So, for example, I use [Released] [Album] instead of just [Album]. An artist's albums are then not just listed by year of release (which could be done with the sort setting), but the year appears in the list of albums.

gazjam

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 08:31:07 am »

hi,
thanks for that.

Getting stuck I'm afraid, don't know MC as well as I thought!
I went into options and this is where I got stuck.

Under Music/Styles I added the Library Item "Artists" and nested it under "Styles" expecting it to act as a sub-menu when I click on it,which would show that style seperated by Artist.

All it does is miss out Styles all together and goes straight to Artists..
I'm sure I'm getting it wrong when I'm in Options and trying to nest "Artists" under Styles.

Anyone help, feeling a bit thick at the moment!

Thanks.

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 03:12:56 pm »

I'm sure I'm getting it wrong when I'm in Options and trying to nest "Artists" under Styles.

Well, it's good that you know you're wrong. ;)

What you've done is add another menu item (under 'Items to Show') rather than add Categories to a menu item (under 'Details' on the right). First, select the menu item to modify (or add a new one), then click the Add that's to the right of the box under 'Details'. That will present you with a choice of the types of categories that can be added. Start simple, with say 'Library Fields' [Styles], [Artist] and [Album].

gazjam

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 01:30:25 pm »

Sorted, much better!
thanks for that.  :)

I have another issue in Theatre View, but I'll start a new thread for that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up