INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote loses connection when switching wifi access points  (Read 1205 times)

draudio

• Recent member
JRemote loses connection when switching wifi access points
« on: August 11, 2012, 08:27:53 pm »

I have a distributed wifi system in my home, 2 access points connected by CAT6 cable. when I walk from one end of house to the other, my iPad automatically switches to the stronger of the 2 AP depending my location.

When the iPad switches APs, JRemote loses connection. It brings up a dialog saying the server doesn't exist. I can see the server with other apps, and remote into it with Remote Desktop, so I know it is still available. This is all inside my NAT on a single subnet with a single DHCP server, so there is no Internet router/firewall getting in the way.

Eventually, after many minutes, I can sometimes connect to the server, only to lose the connection when I move again, switching APs.

Has anyone else seen this? Is there a way to speed up there process of finding the server when switching APs?

Thanks!

Dave

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRemote loses connection when switching wifi access points
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 07:06:00 am »

Hi Dave,

Have no way to test this myself at the moment, but make sure that your JRiver server has the same ip address from both access points.
I know that you said that this is basically the same network, but from your description it seems to be the case.
Pages: [1]   Go Up