INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Change Path for Main Library  (Read 773 times)

devhead

• Recent member
Change Path for Main Library
« on: August 12, 2012, 03:13:59 am »

Hello all,
I have three different libraries in MC17, Lossless Audio, MP3 Audio, and Videos Library.  When I recently reinstalled Windows, I installed MC again and went about pointing to where these Libraries were located, but the 'Main Library' (which I don't really need) can't be edited to point to one of my other library locations.  For example, I would like to have it simply point to the path of my Lossless Audio Library, but there's no way to change that now.  And I can't delete it.  Basically I just want all my library locations to be where I've pointed them, and not have one in C:\Users\%username%\AppData ... 

Is there anyway to do this?  I thought in the past with an earlier MC17 version, I was able to change the path where a library pointed to. Or maybe I'm delusional. 

Thanks for the help!

NickF

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Change Path for Main Library
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 04:36:39 am »

You need to differentiate between the MC Library database and the files you play.  It doesn't matter where MC stores its database.  What is important is what information is stored in it.  The music files are not stored in the Library, just data about those files.

If you want a particular set of music files in your main library, you can clear that library ( right click on Main Library and choose Clear Library) then import from the folder where those music files are stored in Windows.  The Main Library can then be renamed.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10
Pages: [1]   Go Up