INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Digital TSRenderStreamsToWriter - failed to build upper graph [Solved]  (Read 2901 times)

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen

I get the error mentioned in the title when I try opening a DVB-C program. It just happened after I rewired the whole cable installations in the house. I tested the signal in DVBViewer and it works fine there.

I've attached the log for your convenience.

Hope you can help me sort out the problem.

Best regards,
Mikkel

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Bug: Digital TSRenderStreamsToWriter - failed to build upper graph
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 08:35:34 pm »

I'm not sure.  Yaobing, our TV expert, is on vacation for a week.

So I apologize for the delay, but hopefully he can help once he's back.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 11:47:22 am »

Alright :-)

A little extra info: When I rewired the cables, I removed the splitter (don't know what you call it in English) that splits the tv and radio frequencies. So now the cable that goes to the tuner provides both television and radio. Could this be of any relevance?

This solution is on purpose because I would like to be able to receive both tv AND radio via the tuner. And as mentioned it works with DVBVIEWER so hopefully there is a solution.

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 11:56:31 am »

Attached is a screenshot of JRiver setup for  the channel DR1 and for DVBViewer for the very same channel. Only thing I notice is, that modulation isn't set. If I press the modulation box in JRiver, though, I cannot select QAM64.

Best regards,

Mikkel

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Digital TSRenderStreamsToWriter - failed to build upper graph
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 02:55:18 pm »

Problem is solved: By moving the DVB-C tuner to the top in the tuner list the channels suddenly work again. Still think it is a bug but at least I'm able to watch and record tv again :-)

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 11:50:43 am »

Problem is solved: By moving the DVB-C tuner to the top in the tuner list the channels suddenly work again. Still think it is a bug but at least I'm able to watch and record tv again :-)

Check the settings on your non-DVB-C tuners.  Maybe you had mistakenly set one or more of them to be DVB-C.  If the tuner type is set correctly, it should not matter whether the DVB-C tuner is on top of the list or not.  MC picks a tuner from the list, in the order of top to bottom, comparing tuner type/network type (i.e. ATSC, DVB-T. DVB-C, Analog Antenna, etc.).
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 01:24:47 pm »

Check the settings on your non-DVB-C tuners.  Maybe you had mistakenly set one of more of them to be DVB-C.  If the tuner type is set correctly, it should not matter whether the DVB-C tuner is on top of the list or not.  MC picks a tuner from the list, in the order of top to bottom, comparing tuner type/network type (i.e. ATSC, DVB-T. DVB-C, Analog Antenna, etc.).

Thanks for the advice. I'll do a check :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up