INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Check MC data fields (such as Name) against a list of text strings  (Read 824 times)

wnossel

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...

The goal is to have all song names in lowercase, but without losing the uppercase when appropriate, for example in the case of a proper noun.

At this point, after applying "Upper Case First Word Only" in "Clean File Properties", I go through all the track names, check that they don't have proper nouns and correct manually when necessary.
Is there a way to automate this process by searching Names field for strings contained in a constant list (with first names, common last names, geographical names, etc) and then capitalising them appropriately? The list would be fairly large, probably copied from a dictionary.

I realize that this seems rather unlikely, but MC17 has brought me so many good surprises so far that I thought I'd ask anyway...
Thanks for reading and replying! W.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Check MC data fields (such as Name) against a list of text strings
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 09:22:21 pm »

Any solution I can think of would be more work managing the list, and would not be a general case solution.  If Name was strictly limited to only a few words, it could be implemented.  Another user is going through the process of pasting a very large text segment into a field, and is finding that pasting such a large text segment is causing long (i.e. many hours) delays.

In any case, it would probably be a shorter solution to do the inverse - upper case all words, except those in a lower-case list.  Still, I think you'll find yourself spending time updating your list instead of the track names.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up