INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Customising Theatre View question?  (Read 1025 times)

gazjam

• World Citizen
Customising Theatre View question?
« on: August 15, 2012, 01:37:25 pm »

Finally getting Theatre View the way I want it and its fantastic.
Only concern I have is plasma burn in whilst in Now Playing view, I wonder if the text along the top can potentially be an issue here.
I believe MC18 addresses this so I upgraded my licence today. :)

My question is this though...

Only thing I miss and would ideally like to be able to do to whilst in Now Playing View, is to have an option along the top to go to the artists other albums.
Perhaps an entry along the top when in "Now Playing" view that says Artist other albums or suchlike..
That would add great functionality in my Theatre View.

I know you can do this in Standard View (right click on track - Locate..) but can something similar be set up in Theatre View?
I imagine its like linking and accessing tag data for whatever song/artist your listening to?

thanks.

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Customising Theatre View question?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 06:22:09 pm »

Only thing I miss and would ideally like to be able to do to whilst in Now Playing View, is to have an option along the top to go to the artists other albums.

This can't be done in PN, but you can build another menu using IsPlaying() to show (in sub-menus) the Track, Album, Artist (i.e., all the albums) of the currently playing item. I also have one that produces a list of 'similar' tracks. Together, they provide a fun way to change the direction of the current playlist while listening. It's actually more convenient than what you're suggesting. After navigating from PN to this menu the first time, switching between it and PN is easy—just by pressing <Left> a few times to go to the previous view.

gazjam

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 07:04:51 pm »

sounds like a better way to do what I'm looking for, thanks.

I'm a bit stuck trying to get it to work, think I need to read up more on expressions.
Is there a way of explaining this like I'm a 4 year old, would probably get it!

still learning...

thanks.

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 07:53:30 pm »

Start with the easy ones...
Pages: [1]   Go Up