INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No sound from any internet pages  (Read 896 times)

Swannque

• Recent member
No sound from any internet pages
« on: August 20, 2012, 06:18:28 pm »

It appears I've changed some type of setting on MC17 because I can no longer get any sound from any videos or other programs on the web. No sound on YouTube, no sound news stories on Yahoo, not even the sound effects when I play internet poker.
Any ideas on where I've gone wrong?

phusis

• World Citizen
  • Multum in parvo
Re: No sound from any internet pages
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 05:46:56 pm »

Hmm, maybe it's an issue with your default setting of sound device.

Try right-clicking on the speaker symbol in the lower right corner on your desktop page, and choose 'Playback devices.' Select another speaker device - i.e. the one corresponding your DAC/digital output - and set as 'Default.' Then try playing your web-based sources.

Normally, with playback from JRiver, I choose another playback device(than the one I actually use) as 'Default' in the Windows setting, as I have already specified my playback device(DAC/digital out) in JRiver's settings, and using a direct-mode output format like ASIO or WASAPI the JRiver software then has exclusive access to your DAC(via whatever specified digital out is used) - meaning no other source than JRiver can access your DAC. Maybe that's your "problem," in this case, that you need to give your web-based source at least temporary access to your DAC by re-setting to your actual plack device(your DAC/digital out) in the Windows setting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up