INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Double Tuner use with MC17  (Read 1323 times)

Sebastien30200

• Recent member
Double Tuner use with MC17
« on: August 24, 2012, 03:55:13 am »

First of all I would like to appologize for my very poor English, but I am a French guy, and as you must know, we are not very well known in France to be skillfull in foreign languages.

I have installed two days ago MC17 and I am very impressed by this software. Its a kind of Graal for people who want to use their computer as a media center.

Nevertheless I am a rookie and I have a little question about double tuner usage with MC17.

I have installed a Terratec dual tuner RC USB stick.

I launch a channel scan and found plenty of them. I installed an EPG for France and have access to it in Theater Mode by the Guide.

But first problem I have only the main channels in France that are displayed (6 instead of 35).

The second problem is that even if JRiver see the two tuners when I tried to launch another recording or change the channel, while I am recording a message I got a message telling me that if i change the channel the actual recording will be stoped.

It looks like only one tuner is taken into consideration.

Anyone to help me ?

Thank you in advance.

NickF

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Double Tuner use with MC17
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 08:33:03 am »

Hi Sebastien and welcome to the forum.  Your English is very good!

Go to Tools > Options > Television and select each of your tuners then click on Configure and check that the Tuner Type is set correctly.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

Sebastien30200

• Recent member
Re: Double Tuner use with MC17
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 04:03:44 pm »

Thank you for my English  :P

I spent several months in US during my studies, but it was years ago  ::)

It seems that my Terratec dual RC is faulty. It will not work anymore at all neither in JRiver, nor Dviewer or Windows MCE.

I change the usb port used, update the driver and sometimes the scan didn't start, sometimes it did but froze in the middle of the process.

Sometimes only one tuner is detected sometimes both of them. It seems that my new brand tuner is a piece of junk that I have to send  back to my dealer ...  >:(
Pages: [1]   Go Up