INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ 7.2.280 repeated crashes (ape file related?)  (Read 1073 times)

Ram is not 4 letters

MJ 7.2.280 repeated crashes (ape file related?)
« on: April 25, 2002, 09:52:56 am »

Hi all,

I have beenusing MJ 7.x for a while. I have 4000  ape files (ripped directly from my CD collection). The machine runs as a jukebox spitting out digital audio to my preamp. I was a very happy guy. However....MJ 7.2.280 is now crashing regularly on me. I had a drive failure that has left me with some corrupted data files (I only use APE files) and I suspect the crashes occur when reading corrupt .ape files. I don't think I ever experienced an MJ crash before my hard drive crash. Note that I have replaced the drive, reinstalled the os and all software from scratch - the music data is the only carry forward from the old system. Note that using monkey's audio to verify files I do get a "invalid input file" on some files (MAC includes MACs so corruption is detectable).

I've checked the system event log - nothing. I've looked in the MJ install directory to check for a log file - nothing. Any suggestions would be welcomed.
thanks,
ram

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
RE:MJ 7.2.280 repeated crashes (ape file related?)
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2002, 09:59:46 am »

Hi there,

Please ugrade to Monkey's Audio 3.96 if you haven't already. ( http://www.monkeysaudio.com )

Also, if you wish to continue using MJ 7.x instead of MJ 8, you'll need to manually install the Winamp plugin included with MAC 3.96 in Media Jukebox.

Otherwise the latest Monkey's Audio encoder and decoder is included with each build of MJ 8.0. (still in beta... available here on Interact)

Take care.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Ram|PLS|is|PLS|not|PLS|4|PLS|letters

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2002, 10:16:13 am »

Thanks for the ultra fast reply Matt!

I am not ready to plunge into MJ8 yet - this is a 'production' environment (IOW my girlfriend and I depend on it for music ).

I do run MA 3.96 - but I don't know how to manually install the component you suggest (after running MJ update of the plug-in, next time I ran MA3.96 I got a warning regarding wrong dll version - and reinstalled 3.96).

The MJ7 directory seems to be completely empty other than the exe file itself. Where should I copy which file (MAC.dll 3.8.0, MAC_Info.dll 3.8.0, MACDll.dll 3.9.6)?

thanks muchos Monkey man

ram

Ram|PLS|is|PLS|not|PLS|4|PLS|letters

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2002, 10:19:38 am »

Looks like a bug in reply  checkout the space-to-plus in the nick name (entered identically.. using spaces not pluses)...

Ram is not 4 letters

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2002, 01:53:02 pm »

Problem Solved. For future searchers...

I had MACDll.dll in my $WINNT\system32 directory in addition to MAC.dll MAC_Info.dll. The last two were version 3.8.0... the MACDll.dll was 3.9.6 (like the most recent MA I installed). I (after saving copies) clobbered MAC.dll with MACDll.dll. I haven't been able to crash MJ nor MA since!

YAY!
Pages: [1]   Go Up